Patty enjoys cooking for family and friends. She creates simple and satisfying treats from old family recipes.
Saturday Morning Tradition
When the COVID-19 pandemic closed our local coffee and bake shop, I didn't want to miss out on our favorite Saturday morning tradition: fresh-baked muffins and coffee. With more time at home, I began re-creating my old muffin recipes from the tin box under my counter and reviving them with a little more spice, fruits, and old-fashioned ingredients that are both satisfying and hearty.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
6 large muffins
- 1 1/2 cups complete pancake mix
- 1 cup uncooked oats
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 apple, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup raisins
Read More From Delishably
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Grease the bottoms of 6 large muffin cups (or if you prefer, line them with paper baking cups).
- In a bowl, combine the pancake mix, oats, brown sugar, and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, mix the milk, egg, vegetable oil, apple, and raisins. Stir.
- Add the milk mixture to the dry ingredients and stir by folding over the ingredients just until moistened.
- Divide the batter between six large muffin cups. Bake 15 to 20 minutes on the center rack of the oven. Muffins are done when a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.