Disneyland's Pumpkin Holiday Muffin
Rate this recipe!
One of the most festive and yummy treat in the Fall is anything pumpkin! During Halloween Time at Disneyland, the park offers delicious pumpkin options. They offer a Pumpkin Smash Smoothie at Jamba Juice, a hazelnut tiramisu topped with pumpkin mouse, a Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks, pumpkin fudge, pumpkin benigts, and the pumpkin muffin topped with cream cheese icing just to name a few. I personally really like the pumpkin muffin out of all of them (the tarimasu is very good as well but tends to be more expensive and smaller). There is nothing better than being in the park and enjoying this delicious treat except for being at home and enjoying it! Even though Disneyland only offers pumpkin treats during the Halloween/Fall season it doesn't mean that it is the only time you can enjoy it! The great thing about pumpkin is you can find it canned all year round in grocery stores and it has a long shelf life! This means you can enjoy it all year. I have found the recipe used in the park so, like me, you can enjoy this any time your heart desires!
What is your favorite pumpkin treat?
- 10% Pumpkin Beignets
- 10% Pumpkin Muffins
- 10% Pumpkin Fudge
- 10% Hazelnut Tiramisu with Pumpkin Mousse
- 0% Pumpkin Smash Smoothie
- 30% Pumpkin Spice Latte
- 30% Pumpkin Cheesecake
- 0% Pumpkin Brittle
- 0% Flour-less Chocolate Cake with Pumpkin Mousse
This poll is now closed to voting.
Pumpkin Muffin Ingredients
- 2 cups pumpkin puree, canned
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 3/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp. ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup rasins
I am not a fan of raisins so I will not be using them. If you choose not to use them as well this will not affect the baking process or ingredient amounts.
Pumpkin Muffin Instructions
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- In a large bowl mix pumpkin, sugar, eggs, oil, and vanilla until well blended.
- Sift together flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg over the pumpkin mixture. Mix until just blended.
- Fold in the raisins until evenly distributed.
- Portion the mixture into muffin pans and bake for 25 minutes.
- Insert a toothpick in the middle of a muffin. If the toothpick is clean then they are done. If not cook for an addition 1-2 minutes.
- Allow the muffins to cool for 30-60 minutes.
Just a few tips!
- I use a cupcake pan with cupcake liners for my muffins.
- Beat the eggs first before adding all the other ingredients. You don't have to do this but it blends together much easier if you do.
- Use a large cookie scoop to scoop the muffin mixture into the pan/cupcake liners. This makes it way easier to handle and less messy.
- Let the muffins sit in the tin for a few minutes after removing them from the oven, then transfer them to a cooling rack.
Cream Cheese Icing Ingredients
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
Cream Cheese Icing Instructions
- Allow cream cheese and butter to soften to room temperature. About one hour.
- Mix cream cheese and butter together until smooth.
- Add in the vanilla, cinnamon, and sugar. Mix until well blended.
- Cover and refrigerate until needed.
- Put icing into a piping bag and decorate as you like.
Just a few tips!
- After the cream cheese and butter have softened break them into smaller amounts before mixing together. This will make mixing it easier.
- When transferring the icing into a piping bag, put the bag into a tall glass. This way you have both hands free and you aren't fighting with the bag.
If you want to be super festive with your pumpkin muffins try baking them in a mickey mouse mold like the ones below. Or for all of you who want to try your hand at being super authentic to the park, try making an orange chocolate Mickey head and place it on top of the muffin with the icing.
More by this Author
How to make Disneyland's hot chocolate as served at the Napa Rose in the Grand Californian Hotel! This recipe is perfect for the Holiday season and will impress any guest!
How to make chicken chimichurri skewers, rice pilaf, and greek cucumber salad as served at the Mediterranean Grille in Disney's California Adventure.
Copycat recipe of the chicken kabobs from the Bengal BBQ inside of Adventureland.