Amara is a writer, and writing is her passion. In her free time she loves to cook for her family.
Most people are familiar with croissants—the classic French pastry known for its buttery and flaky qualities. The word croissant means crescent, which of course refers to the traditional shape of this pastry.
The origin of this delicious puff pastry can be dated back to at least the 13th century in Austria. Croissants come in different styles and shapes. They can be made plain, with nuts, or with other fillings.
In the recipe I am sharing here, croissants are stuffed with a delicious chicken filling. The results are heavenly!
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
1 hour 5 min
3 to 4 servings
For the croissant dough:
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- 1 tablespoon yeast
- 1 tablespoon refined oil
- 1 tablespoon milk powder
- 60 grams butter
For the chicken filling:
- 1 cup boiled and shredded chicken
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 chopped tomato
- 1/2 cup chopped capsicum
- 2 chopped green chillies
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 whisked eggs, for glaze
- 1 tablespoon butter, for serving
- Begin with the croissant dough: In a bowl, combine the sugar in lukewarm water, and mix well. Add yeast, all-purpose flour, refined oil, milk powder, and butter. Mix well by hand or with a hand mixer. Let the dough rest for 45 minutes.
- After the dough has rested for 45 minutes, knead the dough by hand. Make small round balls of dough and set aside.
- Now begin making the chicken filling: Take a pan, add some oil, and begin frying the onions.
- When the onions are a little soft, add the garlic paste and then add the tomatoes. Add salt to taste.
- Add the boiled shredded chicken and continue to fry. Add black pepper and chopped green chillies. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add chopped capsicum and turn off the flame. The chicken filling is ready.
- Now take a dough ball and flatten it with the help of a rolling pin. Cut the flattened dough with the help of a cutter or knife (see photo below).
- Take a slice of dough, add some chicken filling, and roll it into a crescent shape (see photo below). Make all of the croissants like this.
- Place the stuffed croissants on an oven tray. Brush them with whisked egg. Bake in a preheated oven at 400°F/200°C, for 20 minutes.
- Chicken croissants are ready. Gently brush them with butter for a glossy golden color. Enjoy!
Read More From Delishably
© 2022 Amara