I love to bake and try out new recipes like this one. I love this recipe, and I think you will, too.
Mom's Homemade Bread
My mom loves making bread. When I was younger, she used to make bread from scratch. She loves using a bread maker to mix her dough, then she takes the dough out and lets it rise before baking it in the oven. I love to use the bread maker to mix the ingredients and bake the bread all at once.
I remember using it for the first time years ago. I had placed the ingredients in the maker and pressed the start button. About an hour later, I was wondering why it was taking so long to mix. Then I realized that I had pressed the button that not only mixed it but baked it at the same time. I thought this was awesome. The bread maker is a great invention, although you can use this recipe even if you don't have a bread maker.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
1 loaf of bread
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 3/4 teaspoon bread machine yeast or quick acting active dry yeast
- Place the following ingredients in the bread maker: water, butter, flour, sugar, and the yeast.
- Close the bread maker and follow the directions on it. Each breadmaker will be different.
- When it is finished mixing, take the dough out and place it in a bread pan.
- Let it rise for about an hour.
- Place the pan in the oven at 375 degrees for 15 to 30 minutes. Each oven will be different so the time will different.
As you can see in the picture below, we made this bread to go with the beef stew that we had for supper. Homemade bread with stew was great. The beef stew had stew meat, potatoes, carrots, onions, celery, and lots of spices. It was delicious.