How to Make Banana Bread in a Bread Maker Machine
If you are looking for a healthy snack, why not try making banana bread in a bread maker? Warm banana bread tastes delicious on its own, or for a treat, you may slap on some butter or a chocolate spread.
Banana bread may be served at tea time or at breakfast, although there is no rule as to when you may eat it. This banana bread recipe and it's a great way to to get rid of overripe bananas sitting in the bowl. In our family nobody touches bananas if the skin has any sign of black. I guess we all worry that they are spoiled. So rather then wasting them, into the bread maker they go. turns out really well in a bread maker
- 3 large bananas (the riper the better, and the less sugar you will need)
- 8 tablespoons sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups plain flour (you may use part wholemeal, part white flour)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon (I sometimes increase this to 1 teaspoon, since we all love the taste of it)
- handful of chopped walnuts (optional)
- On a large flat plate, mash the bananas with a fork and add the sugar. The sugar will blend in very well making the mixture smooth.
- Place in greased bread maker.
- Add the eggs, sieved flour, and other dry ingredients.
- Set on medium. On my machine baking takes 2 hours and 40 minutes
Banana bread freezes very well, so if you do not go through the whole loaf, freeze some! I put the whole loaf in the freezer for about 20 minutes, then take it out and slice. This way, I can create cleaner slices. I freeze each portion separately. When I feel like eating some, I simply reheat in microwave for a few seconds.