How to Make the Best Blueberry Muffins Ever
Blueberry Muffins: The Perfect Summer Treat
During the hot summer months, I love cooling down with a tall glass of iced coffee—but I also love having a sweet treat to go with it, like a muffin. I was excited to make muffins after I bought fresh blueberries at the store. I love blueberries.
I have tried many different muffin recipes over the years, and I believe this recipe is the best I've tried. I did make a few adjustments to the original recipe; I replaced butter with vegetable oil, milk with half and half, and all-purpose flour with self-raising flour. I also added two teaspoons of lemon juice to enhance the flavor. Trust me. You will love it!
I do have a special tip that you'll see in the instructions below: I add a little flour to the blueberries before combining them with the batter in order to keep them from sinking to the bottom.
These blueberry muffins are super easy to make, and they are a perfect summer treat for you and your family. Imagine sitting on the porch in the afternoon, sipping iced coffee, and eating these yummy and moist muffins. They are perfect for a picnic, too! I hope you will try this recipe and that you will like these delicious blueberries muffins as much as we do!
Prep time: 10-15 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
Yield: 12 muffins
- 2 cups self-raising flour or all-purpose flour
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup half and half, or any milk you prefer
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar and eggs. Whisk until they are well combined.
- Add the vanilla extract, half and half, vegetable oil, and lemon juice. Stir to combine.
- Add the flour into the mixture and stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl, add a little flour to the blueberries and give them a toss.
- Add the blueberries into the mixture and stir to combine. Set aside.
- In the meantime, line a standard-sized muffin tray with baking papers.
- Using an ice-cream scoop, fill each muffin cup with batter.
- Bake for 28 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Place the muffins on a wire cool rack to cool.
- Enjoy with iced coffee or tea!
© 2020 Liza