I am a chef on a luxury world cruise liner. I love to cook and write recipes that are inspired by foods from all over the world.
I've visited different places in India for about a month, which made me fall in love with their foods—especially their flatbread. Some famous Indian breads are bhatoora, chapati, kulcha, naan, roti, paratha, and puri. These are best served with a saucy meal like curry, grilled food like tandoori, or simple dip like cheesy corn and sausage dip. Follow my tried-and-tested recipe below for how to make this no-yeast flatbread. Enjoy!
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
1 hour 30 min
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 3/4 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Oil, for cooking
- 1 Stainless Steel Bowl (for flour)
- 1 Large Bowl (for milk)
- 2 Small Bowl (for other ingredients)
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Rolling Pin
- Combine butter, milk, and salt. Add the mixture to the flour. Knead the dough until it's smooth.
- Let the dough rest for about 30 minutes at a room temperature. Cover it with a cloth or cling wrap.
- Dust the working table with flour to prevent the dough from sticking.
- Cut the dough into eight equal pieces and roll into balls. Roll out each piece of dough.
- Heat small amount of oil in a pan over a low heat. Cook each piece for about two minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Place cooked bread in a plate covered with a towel to maintain its softness.
- Continue cooking the rest of the dough. Serve it while still hot.
Read More From Delishably
How to Make Cheesy Garlic Flatbread
- 1/2 cup cheddar and mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic, freshly chopped
- 1 teaspoon parsley, dried
- 1 Large Bowl
- 2 Small Bowl
- Crumble the shredded cheddar and cheese.
- Sprinkle a small amount of each ingredient on the working table before rolling out the dough.
Another Bread Recipe
- How to Make Rosemary Olive Oil Lavash: An Armenian-Inspired Flatbread
Do you love bread? I do! Lavash is a traditional Armenian flatbread, but in this recipe I've added an Italian twist.
© 2018 Travel Chef