How to Make Flatbread Without Yeast
I've visited different places in India for about a month, which made me fell in love with their foods—especially their flatbread. Some famous Indian breads are bhatoora, chapati, kulcha, naan, roti, paratha, and puri. These are best served with a saucy meal like curry, grilled food like tandoori, or simple dip like cheesy corn and sausage dip. Follow my tried-and-tested recipe below for how to make this no-yeast flatbread. Enjoy!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 3/4 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Oil, for cooking
- 1 Stainless Steel Bowl (for flour)
- 1 Large Bowl (for milk)
- 2 Small Bowl (for other ingredients)
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Rolling Pin
- Combine butter, milk, and salt. Add the mixture to the flour. Knead the dough until it's smooth.
- Let the dough rest for about 30 minutes at a room temperature. Cover it with a cloth or cling wrap.
- Dust the working table with flour to prevent the dough from sticking.
- Cut the dough into eight equal pieces and roll into balls. Roll out each piece of dough.
- Heat small amount of oil in a pan over a low heat. Cook each piece for about two minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Place cooked bread in a plate covered with a towel to maintain its softness.
- Continue cooking the rest of the dough. Serve it while still hot.
Did you know that you can store cooked flatbread inside a freezer?
All you need to do is separate each piece with baking paper and stack it up in a sealed container or a ziplock bag.
How to Make Cheesy Garlic Flatbread
- 1/2 cup cheddar and mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic, freshly chopped
- 1 teaspoon parsley, dried
- 1 Large Bowl
- 2 Small Bowl
- Crumble the shredded cheddar and cheese.
- Sprinkle a small amount of each ingredient on the working table before rolling out the dough.
Questions & Answers
© 2018 Dred Cuan