How to Make Healthy Bread at Home
Homemade bread is a lot tastier and cheaper than store-purchased bread. Also, it's much healthier because it doesn't contain preservatives!
You may serve these freshly baked pieces of bread with different fillings like a homemade mayonnaise! If you want to make your own mayo, you may follow this step-by-step procedure on how to make homemade mayonnaise. Now, it's time to learn how to bake a healthy bread at home.
- 600 grams Wheat Flour
- 400 grams Bread Flolur
- 540 grams Water
- 10 grams Yeast, instant
- 10 grams Salt
- 160 grams Sugar
- 40 grams Milk Powder
- 60 grams Shortening
- 1 piece Egg, large
- 5 grams Bread Improver, optional
- Oil, Oil Spray or Shortening, lining baking sheet pan
TIP: If you are using an active dry yeast, make sure to dissolve it first in a lukewarm water before adding it.
- 3 Large Bowls (for the ingredients)
- 7 Small Bowls (for the ingredients)
- Weighing Scale
- Baking Sheet
- Stand or Hand Mixer (optional)
- Rolling Pin (optional)
Did you know that you can use an empty wine bottle as a rolling pin?
- Mix first all the dry ingredients in a bowl, next add all the wet ingredients. Make sure to add the shortening last.
- Continue mixing until the gluten is fully developed. This can be done with bare hands or with a mixer.
- Transfer the dough in a clean bowl. Cover and allow it to rest for about 25 minutes.
- Line a baking sheet pan with oil, oil spray or shortening to prevent bread from sticking.
- Scale the dough based on your desire bread size. Start preheating the oven while doing this procedure.
- Let the dough rest for additional 10 minutes.
- Bake the dough at 180 degrees Celsius or 360 degrees Fahrenheit for about 30 minutes.
Did you know that you can still make your own bread at home even without a mixer? Do it manually! It may be time-consuming, but worth the effort.
Another Bread Recipe
- How to Make Flatbread Without Yeast
Learn to make this easy flatbread without yeast at home. You will only need four ingredients to enjoy this delicious bread, which will perfectly complement many meals.
Questions & Answers
© 2018 Travel Chef