How to Make Healthy Bread at Home
Homemade bread is a lot tastier and cheaper than store-purchased bread. Also, it's much healthier because it doesn't contain preservatives!
You may serve these freshly baked pieces of bread with different fillings like a homemade mayonnaise! If you want to make your own mayo, you may follow this step-by-step procedure on how to make homemade mayonnaise. Now, it's time to learn how to bake a healthy bread at home.
- 600 grams Wheat Flour
- 400 grams Bread Flolur
- 540 grams Water
- 10 grams Yeast, instant
- 10 grams Salt
- 160 grams Sugar
- 40 grams Milk Powder
- 60 grams Shortening
- 1 piece Egg, large
- 5 grams Bread Improver, optional
- Oil, Oil Spray or Shortening, lining baking sheet pan
TIP: If you are using an active dry yeast, make sure to dissolve it first in a lukewarm water before adding it.
- 3 Large Bowls (for the ingredients)
- 7 Small Bowls (for the ingredients)
- Weighing Scale
- Baking Sheet
- Stand or Hand Mixer (optional)
- Rolling Pin (optional)
Did you know that you can use an empty wine bottle as a rolling pin?
- Mix first all the dry ingredients in a bowl, next add all the wet ingredients. Make sure to add the shortening last.
- Continue mixing until the gluten is fully developed. This can be done with bare hands or with a mixer.
- Transfer the dough in a clean bowl. Cover and allow it to rest for about 25 minutes.
- Line a baking sheet pan with oil, oil spray or shortening to prevent bread from sticking.
- Scale the dough based on your desire bread size. Start preheating the oven while doing this procedure.
- Let the dough rest for additional 10 minutes.
- Bake the dough at 180 degrees Celsius or 360 degrees Fahrenheit for about 30 minutes.
Did you know that you can still make your own bread at home even without a mixer? Do it manually! It may be time-consuming, but worth the effort.
© 2018 Dred Cuan