I have started watching what goes into my food, so I've begun making my food from scratch.
I have read a lot about the health benefits of matcha green tea, and I've noticed that bakeries in my area have started using it in many of their pastries and desserts. I began to think about how I could use this ingredient in my own kitchen, and since we make bread a lot at home I thought about adding it there.
It turns out that incorporating matcha green tea powder into bread does not alter its taste very much—so even the pickiest eater will likely still enjoy this bread. Also, despite the green color of the powder, it will not make your bread a bright green, so don't worry about the aesthetics. You will only notice a tinge of green in your bread.
In addition to the matcha powder, I also added black and white sesame seeds. Watch the videos below to learn more about the amazing health benefits of these two ingredients.
Read More From Delishably
This bread pairs very well with coconut jam. If you don't have any coconut jam in your pantry, do give it a try!
- 1/2 cup mixed coconut and almond milk, lukewarm
- 2 tablespoons oilive oil butter, softened
- 1 medium egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons muscovado sugar, or to taste (optional)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup mixed black sesame seeds and ground flaxseed
- 3 tablespoons matcha green tea powder
- 2 teaspoons yeast, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup cashew nuts
- Add all of the ingredients to the bread machine pail in the order listed above, except the cashews.
- Set the bread machine to "sweet" mode. Choose your crust color, but I recommend light.
- When you hear the beeping sound in the kneading cycle, add the cashew nuts.
- Wait for the bread machine to do its magic!
- Once done, turn off the bread machine and leave the lid open for 20 minutes.
- Turn out the bread to cool on a wire rack.
- Enjoy with some coconut jam!