Recipe for Homemade Muffins
Recipe for Muffins
Easy-to-Make Muffin Recipe
In this article, I will show you how we made these muffins from scratch. It is a basic muffin mix and then we added different fillings, including orange jelly, peanut butter, chocolate pieces and raspberry jam.
We made these with different fillings because my 83-year-old mother was baking them with her 4-year-old great-grandson Quinn. He had great fun and was delighted to be helping his grandma. It did not take too long for them to cook, so he was able to see the end result and enjoy eating some, too.
Ingredients for Muffins
- 400g of Plain flour
- 3 Teaspoons of baking powder
- 2 Eggs
- 200g of Caster Sugar
- 250 ml of Milk
- 125 ml of Butter
- 1 Teaspoon of salt
- 100g Sultanas
Extra Fillings Optional
- Marmalade – Orange jelly
- Peanut butter
- Chocolate pieces
- Raspberry Jam – Jelly
Quick and Easy Muffins Recipe
- Pre heat oven to 200 C – 400 F or gas mark 6.
- Add paper cases to your baking tray.
- Add the flour, baking powder, and salt to a bowl.
- Add the sultanas and mix in well.
- Add the butter and milk to the beaten eggs.
- Pour in the wet ingredients into the bowl with the flour.
- Mix together.
- Blend in the caster sugar until it looks like a smooth batter mix.
- Give the mixture one final mix through.
Extra Flavours Step 3
- Using a spoon and fork scoop out enough to fill the muffin cases half way in each one.
- Add two teaspoons of jam, marmalade or peanut butter to the top of the mixture in each case.
- Do the same with the broken pieces of chocolate.
- Cover with more muffin mixture so each paper case is two thirds full.
Cooking Time Step 4
- Put in the oven to cook for 25 to 30 minutes.
- At 200 C – 400 F or Gas mark 6.
- Test they are ready by inserting a knife into one of them. If it comes out dry, then they are cooked. If it is slightly wet, then cook for another 5 minutes.
- Take out the tray and leave for 5 minutes before you remove each muffin.
- Leave to cool down before eating.