Easy-to-Make Fluffy Muffin Recipe
In this article, I will show you how we made these light, moist and fluffy muffins from scratch. It is a basic muffin mix and then we added different fillings, including blueberries, orange jelly, peanut butter, chocolate pieces and raspberry jam.
We made these muffins with different fillings because my 83-year-old mother was baking them with her four-year-old great-grandson Quinn. He had great fun and was delighted to be helping his grandma. It did not take too long for them to cook, so he was able to see the end result and enjoy eating some, too.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 400 grams plain flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 200 grams caster sugar
- 250 ml milk
- 125 ml butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 100 grams sultanas
Extra Fillings (Optional)
- Marmalade: orange jelly
- Peanut butter
- Chocolate pieces
- Raspberry jam or jelly
Step 1: Prepare to Bake
- Preheat the oven to 200°C / 400°F/ gas mark 6.
- Add paper cases to your baking tray.
Step 2: Make the Batter
- Add the flour, baking powder, and salt to a bowl.
- Add the sultanas and mix in well.
- Add the butter and milk to the beaten eggs.
- Pour in the wet ingredients into the bowl with the flour.
- Mix together.
- Blend in the caster sugar until it looks like a smooth batter mix.
- Give the mixture one final mix through.
Step 3: Add Optional Extra Flavours
- Using a spoon and fork scoop out enough to fill the muffin cases halfway up.
- Add 2 teaspoons of jam, marmalade or peanut butter to the top of the mixture in each case.
- Do the same with the broken pieces of chocolate.
- Cover with more muffin mixture so each paper case is two-thirds full.
Step 4: Time to Bake
- Put in the oven to cook for 25 to 30 minutes (at 200°C / 400°F / gas mark 6).
- Test they are ready by inserting a knife into one of them. If it comes out dry, then they are cooked. If it is slightly wet, then cook for another 5 minutes.
- Take out the tray and leave for 5 minutes before you remove each muffin.
- Leave to cool down before eating.