Diana loves celebrations, crafts, DIY projects and cooking. She writes to help inspire others to create.
- 3 large bananas
- 3/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 dessertspoons coconut oil
- 4 dessertspoons olive oil
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar
- Zest of 1 clementine
- Juice of 2 clementines
- 2 1/4 cups cake flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Sprinkle seeds used for bagels
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Small sprinkle powdered chili
- Pinch of salt
- In a bowl, mash the bananas with coconut oil and olive oil.
- Add sugar and beaten eggs. Mix well.
- Sift in flour, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder, cinnamon, chili powder, salt, vanilla essence and clementine zest.
- Add clementine juice.
- Pour into a large, oblong greased loaf pan.
- Smooth over the surface lightly with a spoon.
- Sprinkle a generous layer of seeds over the top of the loaf.
- Bake in moderate oven for approximately 45 minutes in the middle of the oven.
- Slice when cool and serve with butter. Enjoy the hearty goodness!
Give This Loaf as a Gift
Before baking, add a handful of pitted and halved cherries to the batter. Wrap the baked loaf in a colorful kitchen tea towel, place it in a matching tin, and give it away as a gift at Christmas or for birthdays.
Who wouldn't like this?
Diana Carol Abrahamson (author) from Somerset West on August 27, 2021:
The combination is so delicious and I also oil the loaf pan with olive oil, before placing the uncooked cake mixture into it. Creates a lovely golden outer layer.
Chitrangada Sharan from New Delhi, India on August 26, 2021:
This banana loaf recipe looks delicious indeed. Combining coconut oil and olive oil sounds interesting to me. Would love to try it.
Thank you for sharing the details.
Diana Carol Abrahamson (author) from Somerset West on August 26, 2021:
The olive oil and coconut oil, really creates a soft and delicious nutty flavour. The seeds also create a crunch on top. The Clementine flavour and chili gives it a slight heat, which is different to what you would expect.
Liza from USA on August 26, 2021:
I have made banana loaf many times. However, your banana loaf makeover is something intriguing to try! Two new ingredients that I have never used in the banana loaf are clementine juice and powdered chili. I'm curious how they taste. Thanks for sharing the recipe!