Pizza Dough With Baking Powder
Yeast-based pizza dough is by far the best, but not everyone can eat it and not everyone has a stash of yeast on hand at all times. So what's the next option if you're in the mood for pizza? Well, I've found that my second favorite leavening agent, baking powder, works quite well as a substitute. The dough is easy to work with and bakes up nicely to retain a crusty texture and light flavor. Those who need a meal quickly will also benefit from the dough's lack of need to rest before using. This pizza dough with baking powder whips up quick and bakes easily to perfection!
- Prep time: 10 min
- Ready in: 10 min
- Yields: Dough for one large pizza.
- 1 3/4 Cups Flour
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 Cup Water
Rate This Pizza Dough!
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt into a large bowl.
- Add olive oil to the flour mixture. With a fork, mash in the oil until a crumbly mixture forms.
- Pour in water slowly. Constantly mix in water until a dough ball forms and no flour is left clinging to the bowl.
- Move the dough ball to a well floured surface and knead for 2-3 minutes.
- On the same surface, roll out the dough with a rolling pin. Always roll from the center outward and make sure to flip the dough to achieve a circle shape. Roll it out as close to the size of the pan you plan to bake the dough on.
- Lightly grease a pizza pan and transfer the dough onto it. Pull the dough to the edge of the pan.
- With a fork, poke all around the dough. This process will eliminate any bubbles that may occur when baking.
- At this point, the dough is ready for sauce and toppings.
- If you plan to make the pizza later, cover and store the dough in the refrigerator until you're ready to use it.
For a Stuffed Crust Pizza
I'll admit, I normally don't like pizza crusts unless there is some incentive to eat them. What better incentive is there than cheese? Follow these easy steps to have a cheesy stuffed crust pizza:
- Roll your dough so that it is just a little larger than the pizza pan you plan to use.
- Line the edge of the pan with the cheese of your choosing.
- Fold the dough over and seal well.
Simple and tasty! From this point forward, all you'll have to do is add sauce, cheese and your favorite toppings. To achieve a golden crust of perfection, bake your pizza at 500F for 12-13 minutes. With this dough, you'll be saying "who needs yeast anyway?". Thank you for reading my pizza dough with baking powder recipe. I hope that you enjoy it!