Diamond enjoys sharing her favorite recipes and baking tips.
Scones With Orange Zest
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
Serves 4 people
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar, plus 2 teaspoons sugar extra
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) cold butter or margarine, cut into pieces
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 large egg, seperated
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
Scroll to Continue
Read More From Delishably
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Mix flour, 2 teaspoons sugar, salt, and baking powder. Then cut in the cold butter or margarine into little pieces. Mixture should resemble crumbs.
- Add in orange zest, and let it sit afloat of flour mixture. Make the milk mixture by separating the egg whites and yolk. Add egg yolk to milk. Make well in flour mixture (picture shown below) and pour the milk mixture in between. Stir until combined.
- Place dough on flour and knead 5 to 6 times with lightly floured hands. Pat it into a 7 1/2 inch round, just enough that it could rise evenly when baked. Transfer to cookie sheet. Don't add grease to cookie sheet. the dough contains butter already.
- Cut dough in 8 pieces. Do not separate the pieces. Add lightly beaten egg whites and 2 teaspoons of sugar. Bake for 22 minutes until golden.