The Best Moist Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins
Delicious and Nutritious
Nothing says "the holidays are here" like pumpkins! From the jack-o'-lantern to the months'-long wait for your favorite pumpkin spice latte, the vitamin-laden fruit is a sure sign that it's time to pull out your favorite flannel jacket and start making your naughty-and-nice list. But, with the diminished sunlight and the abundance of candy and other sweets, viruses have an easier time making your body their home. With these delicious treats, you get a hefty dose of disease-preventing antioxidants, fiber, and other nutrients to keep you in the party mood all season long.
Jack Has a Lot Going For Him
Pumpkins are rich in beta-carotene, a potent antioxidant that helps fight cancer, reduce the risk of heart disease, and may help delay aging.
The Best Moist Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffin
These muffins are so moist, no one will guess they are also low in fat. That's because the smooth, creamy texture of pumpkin allows you to reduce the amount of butter found in other muffin recipes. The chocolate chips add a hint of sweetness and more health-promoting antioxidants, while the cinnamon tickles your taste buds with a hint of spice (and may help in the fight against diabetes.) These are perfect for Thanksgiving or Christmas morning with a hot mug of bold coffee or warm cider.
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 can (15 oz.) pumpkin, pureed
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 12 oz. chocolate chips, semi-sweet
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a muffin pan with silicone muffin cups.
- In a large bowl or stand-up mixer, beat butter and sugar together until a paste forms. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until smooth and pale yellow.
- Add flour, baking powder and salt and blend until ingredients are moist.
- Add add pumpkin and cinnamon and blend until a smooth batter forms.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter into silicone cups until they are about 3/4 full.
- Bake in 350-degree oven for 30 minutes or until tops are firm to the touch. These muffins should not be allowed to brown.
- Serve warm. Top with butter or honey if you like.
How Did You Like Them?
Best Silicone Muffin Cups
Since I found these wonderful baking cups, I never use paper cups any more. These peel right off the muffin without leaving half the treat attached to the cup. And clean-up is a breeze! No more soaking those crusty muffin pans. Now that's sweet.