Wholemeal Banana Muffin Recipe
I get it. Sometimes you're in a rush, or you sleep in and you have to run out the door. However, it's so important that you remember to eat your breakfast! Breakfast is the most important meal of the day; it sets your mood and energy for the day. These muffins are a perfect on-the-go breakfast and can be made ahead to time. They include ingredients that will keep you going for the whole day, and they are lower in fats and sugars than a regular muffin. These muffins can easily be spiced up with a handful of chocolate chips or berries.
- 2 small bananas
- 1 cup Wholemeal flour
- 1/4 cup Rolled oats
- 1/4 cup Sugar alternative, (I used honey)
- 1/4 cup Coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Allspice
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/3 cup Walnuts, (can be replaced by other ingredients such as chocolate chips)
- 1/4 cup Almond milk, (or any other milk of your choice)
- 1/4 cup rolled oats, (optional)
- 1 teaspoon sugar, (optional)
- Preheat oven to 170°C (fan forced) and line muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- In a bowl sift flour, cinnamon, allspice, salt and baking soda. Then add oats and walnuts and whisk until fully combined.
- In a different large bowl, mash the banana then add the melted coconut oil, sugar substitute, almond milk and egg and whisk until fully combined
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Whisk to fully combined. Then evenly divide the batter into the cupcake liners.
- Optional: In a small bowl mix together the sugar and rolled oats. Then sprinkle over the muffins before baking.
- Place in oven for 20-25 minutes or until they are golden brown. Allow the muffins to cool on a cooling rack. Note: These muffins are even better slightly warm with a slab of butter!
|Serving size: 1 muffin|
|Calories from Fat||99|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 11 g||17%|
|Saturated fat 5 g||25%|
|Unsaturated fat 6 g|
|Carbohydrates 40 g||13%|
|Sugar 11 g|
|Fiber 5 g||20%|
|Protein 7 g||14%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|Sodium 113 mg||5%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
Please note: These nutrition facts will change with what you decide to add, and these muffins contain 0 grammes of trans fats.