Easy Homemade Banana Muffin Recipe
Bananas are delicious. I enjoy them sliced up and added on top of frozen yogurt, while my husband loves adding them to his cereal. We also love making banana smoothies and milkshakes. Recently, we bought a bunch of bananas and ate all but one rather quickly. It sat out on the counter ripening for a few days.
As a fun surprise, my son and I decided to make homemade banana muffins. However we had two problems: I didn't have enough butter on hand and I only had one banana.
Problem solved! This recipe doesn't need butter or milk, only requires one large banana, and it is simple and easy to make! Whip up a batch this weekend for a delicious breakfast or snack that the family will love!
- 1 Large Banana, peeled
- 2/3 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1 2/3 Cups Flour
- Aluminum Foil or Baking Cups
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut sheets of aluminum foil into squares and line muffin pan. (You can use cupcake liners instead if you have them on hand.)
- In a small bowl, mash the banana.
- In a mixing bowl, combine sugar, oil, and eggs. Beat thoroughly.
- Stir vanilla and mashed banana into the sugar mixture.
- Add salt and baking soda. Mix well.
- Slowly beat in flour.
- Pour batter into muffin cups, about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes. Muffins will be golden brown. A toothpick inserted into the middle should come out clean.
Banana muffins are best served warm with a little butter. For a sweet twist, add a little cinnamon sugar.