Alyssa loves sharing her family's favorite recipes with the world. She is a wife and a mom who enjoys drinking copious amounts of coffee.
Bananas are delicious. I enjoy them sliced up and added on top of frozen yogurt, while my husband loves adding them to his cereal. We also love making banana smoothies and milkshakes. Recently, we bought a bunch of bananas and ate all but one rather quickly. It sat out on the counter ripening for a few days.
As a fun surprise, my son and I decided to make homemade banana muffins. However, we had two problems: I didn't have enough butter on hand and I only had one banana.
Problem solved! This recipe doesn't need butter or milk, only requires one large banana, and it is simple and easy to make! Whip up a batch this weekend for a delicious breakfast or snack that the family will love!
- 1 Large Banana, peeled
- 2/3 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1 2/3 Cups Flour
- Aluminum Foil or Baking Cups
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
Approximately 15 Banana Muffins
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut sheets of aluminum foil into squares and line muffin pan. (You can use cupcake liners instead if you have them on hand.)
- In a small bowl, mash the banana.
- In a mixing bowl, combine sugar, oil, and eggs. Beat thoroughly.
- Stir vanilla and mashed banana into the sugar mixture.
- Add salt and baking soda. Mix well.
- Slowly beat in flour.
- Pour batter into muffin cups, about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes. Muffins will be golden brown. A toothpick inserted into the middle should come out clean.
Banana muffins are best served warm with a little butter. For a sweet twist, add a little cinnamon sugar.
© 2017 Alyssa
Alyssa (author) from Ohio on June 15, 2020:
Thank you, Lora! Yes, I think this would compliment a hot cup of coffee in the morning or as a snack in the afternoon. My husband and son both love banana muffins so these are always a hit! :)
Lora Hollings on June 13, 2020:
I just love desserts with bananas and especially ones that are easy to make. It sounds like these muffins would be lower in calories, too, as they don't have butter and milk in them. A great breakfast item or snack when you have a sweet tooth. Thanks, Alyssa, for sharing this recipe!
Alyssa (author) from Ohio on June 13, 2020:
Oh that makes me so happy! I hope you enjoy making banana bread :)
HaremCinema on June 13, 2020:
I'm not much of a baker, but I think I can give this a shot. Thanks for sharing.
Alyssa (author) from Ohio on February 14, 2017:
Thank you for reading! :) If you make them, let me know how they turn out. :)
JR Krishna from India on February 14, 2017: