Alyssa loves sharing her family's favorite recipes with the world. She is a wife and a mom who enjoys drinking copious amounts of coffee.
Recently, my family has been enjoying the Red Baron Fully Loaded frozen pizza. It's absolutely delicious! We always add extra pepperoni and mozzarella cheese to spruce it up. It's a quick and easy dinner that everyone loves. Usually, I make a few Bosco cheese sticks or garlic bread to go with it. Unfortunately, the last time we had the pizza we were fresh out of both side dish options. Not one to be deterred, I decided it was time I try my hand at making my own breadsticks.
I'm a big fan of Pizza Hut breadsticks, but I don't have any of the extra herbs and spices needed to create a copycat recipe. I've since added those to my grocery list, but for now, I pulled out what I did have on hand.
The result? My picky teenager ate almost half of the cheesy breadsticks I made and requested that from now on I make this exact recipe. I think I have a little food critic in the making!
Read More From Delishably
This recipe is easy to whip up in a pinch and will surely become a family favorite.
- 1 1/2 cups Jiffy baking mix
- 1 package fast-rising instant yeast
- 3/4 cups hot water
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Garlic salt, to taste
- Parmesan cheese
- Mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Generously coat a baking sheet with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the Jiffy mix and yeast. Mix well using a fork. Slowly pour water into the mix, stirring well.
- Cover the bowl with a towel and let sit for at least 5 minutes in a warm place. I let mine sit for 20 minutes.
- Spread flour onto the counter and generously coat hands. Knead the dough and roll it out to about 1/2 inch thick.
- Place dough onto a baking sheet and bake for 2 minutes. While that's baking, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Pull the baking sheet out of the oven. Generously coat the dough with melted butter. Add garlic salt, Parmesan cheese, and mozzarella cheese. You can add additional seasonings if desired.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. You want the cheese to fully melt and the crust to be a golden brown.
- Slice up and serve as a side dish with pizza, spaghetti, or lasagna. You could also enjoy the cheese sticks on their own as a delicious snack!