5 Refreshing, Fruit-Infused Drinks That Won't Add Calories
These five flavoured waters will help you increase your water intake, and they taste great. I am sharing the five flavours that my family and I enjoy the most. Kids love the glasses lidded bottles. The lid keeps the bugs out of the drink,when you're outside. Having coloured lids also makes it easy for children to know which one is theirs. Who knew water could taste this good?
Easy and Quick to Make
- 5 cups water
- 1 whole lemon, sliced
- 6–8 mint leaves (fresh), chopped
How to Make Fruit-Infused Water
- Take five glass jars or bottles. Add water to each. Set one bottle aside so one is kept as a basic drink.
- Line up the other four bottles, and add the fruit of your choice. (Each bottle pictured has the different berries and fruit written below it. The amount of fruit used for each is also listed there.)
- When done, put on the lids and place in the fridge overnight. In the morning, they will be ready to go.
- You can also take this basic recipe and use a juice jug for a much larger serving. Use six 8-ounce glasses of water. If your juice jug holds more, then add till full.
- This will keep a week in the fridge. This can be the basic recipe you keep in the fridge to top up your drinks. Now all you have to do is add the fruit as needed.
Other Fruit Added
- Strawberries, 1, large
- Cherries, 4
- Kiwi, 1 whole
- Apple, 3 small pieces
When you are done, slice all fruit, add them to the bottles in the combinations according to the photos. You can also change them up, depending on what fruit you prefer.
Others food you can substitute:
Another Option: Tonic Water
If you want to add a little jazz to the water, you make it half carbonated water or tonic water. The use of tonic water is good for people who have restless legs or leg cramps.
Some of my diabetes meds used to give me leg cramps; now I no longer have them. Increasing my water intake and drinking tonic water has helped me a lot. No more need for boring old water. Drink up and enjoy.
Do You Drink Water?
You Should be Drinking 8-10 Glasses a Day!
Enjoy Your Water
Now you know how easy it is to make fruit infused water. Let me know in the comments which combination of fruit water you like best. If there is a fruit water you use but it's not listed here, please let me know so I can try it.
These refreshing drinks will keep you hydrated on even the hottest day. Drink up and enjoy.
© 2017 Terrie Lynn