Almond Energy Drink or Badam Milk Recipe
Badam Milk or Almond Energy Drink
Almond Milk: An Easy Beverage for Daily Nourishment!
Almonds (badam) are treasure troves of protein and fiber. Having them in your diet has numerous health benefits.
I often make this almond energy drink in the morning for our family. As I don't want to use sugar in this recipe, I use a few dates to sweeten the beverage. Dates are natural sweeteners and also a good source of iron and fiber.
I also used poppy seeds in this recipe. They give the smoothie a crunchy finish. They are a good source of minerals. Just a teaspoon provides significant amount of iron, calcium, and zinc.
So, this almond energy drink is a very nutritious, natural beverage that anybody can drink in the morning.
Now, let me share the detailed recipe with you.
- 15 almonds/badam, soaked in warm water overnight, peeled
- 4-5 dates, roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp poppy seeds
- a pinch cardamom powder
- 3 cups milk
- 2 cups water
Step-By-Step Instructions and Images for Making Almond Energy Drink or Badam Milk
- Soak almonds in warm water overnight. Peel them.
- Soak chopped dates and poppy seeds in half a cup of milk. Keep it in refrigerator for the whole night.
- The next morning, put peeled almonds and date-poppy seed mix into a mixer or blender. Grind, adding milk or water to get a smooth paste.
- Transfer it to a saucepan. Add a pinch of cardamom powder, milk, and water. Adjust the consistency to your liking.
- Bring the mix to a gentle boil while stirring often. Turn off the stove. Set aside for cooling.
- Now, your yummy almond energy drink is ready! Drink it warm or cold, as you wish.
Nutritional Information of Almond Energy Drink or Badam Milk
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||27|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 3 g||5%|
|Saturated fat 1 g||5%|
|Carbohydrates 9 g||3%|
|Sugar 1 g|
|Fiber 3 g||12%|
|Protein 3 g||6%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|Sodium 0 mg|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|