Cooking is one of my passions. I like to make nutritious and tasty foods at home without using preservatives and artificial colors.
Almond Milk: An Easy Beverage for Daily Nourishment!
Almonds (badam) are treasure troves of protein and fiber. Including them in your diet has numerous health benefits.
I often make this almond energy drink in the morning for our family. As I don't want to use processed sugar in this recipe, I used a few dates to sweeten the beverage. Dates are natural sweeteners that are also a good source of iron and fiber.
I also used poppy seeds in this recipe, which give the smoothie a crunchy finish. These seeds are a good source of minerals; just a teaspoon provides a significant amount of iron, calcium, and zinc.
So, this almond energy drink is a very nutritious, natural beverage that anybody can drink in the morning.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 15 almonds (badam), soaked in warm water overnight, peeled
- 4-5 dates, roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp poppy seeds
- Pinch cardamom powder
- 3 cups milk
- 2 cups water
- Soak almonds in warm water overnight. Peel them.
- Soak chopped dates and poppy seeds in half a cup of milk. Keep it in the refrigerator for the whole night.
- The next morning, put peeled almonds and date-poppy seed mix into a mixer or blender. Grind, adding milk or water to get a smooth paste.
- Transfer it to a saucepan. Add a pinch of cardamom powder, milk, and water. Adjust the consistency to your liking.
- Bring the mix to a gentle boil while stirring often. Turn off the stove. Set aside for cooling.
- Now, your yummy almond energy drink is ready! Drink it warm or cold, as you wish.