I enjoy cooking simple and tasty dishes, especially ones with healthy ingredients.
Healthy Smoothie With Only Four Ingredients!
This banana, mango and spinach smoothie can be whipped up and served in five or fewer minutes. But don't be fooled. Though easy to make, it has a heavenly taste. Its sweet and refreshing flavor make it the perfect cold drink on a hot summer day. Since it's packed with nutrients, I sometimes enjoy it after a good workout!
It's a lovely treat for friends and family who pop by for a visit, and the ingredients are easy to find in stores.
The key is to use ice cold water, such as water you keep in the fridge that has been refrigerated overnight. If you have an ice machine, ice chips work really well, too.
At any time of day, this smoothie is a winner!
|Prep time||Ready in||Yields|
- 1 cup mango, chunked
- 1 medium-sized banana, quartered
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt, 2% low-fat
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 cup ice cold water or crushed ice
Add 1 or 2 tablespoons of:
- Chia seeds
- Wheat germ
- Flax seeds
- Collagen peptides
- Freshly grated ginger
Read More From Delishably
- Chop up 1 or 2 mangos until you have enough to fill 1 cup. (I purchase a bag of frozen mango chunks at Trader Joe's.) Add them to the blender.
- Break a banana up into 3-4 pieces and add them to the blender.
- Measure 1/2 cup of Greek yogurt and add it to the blender.
- Measure 2 generous cups of baby spinach and add them to the blender.
- Pour 1/2 cup of ice cold water into the blender.
- Optional additions: Add 1-2 tablespoons of chia seeds, wheat germ, flax seeds, collagen peptides, or fresh ginger.
- Turn on the blender for 15 or fewer seconds, just enough time to blend all the ingredients together. When you see a uniform color, this likely means the ingredients are well blended and you can turn off the blender.
- Pour the mixture into a tall glass or tumbler.
- Sip it with a straw or use a spoon. Enjoy!
Tips and Tricks
- For a thicker smoothie, add a little more Greek yogurt.
- For a more liquidy smoothie, add a little more water. Also keep in mind that the longer you blend the ingredients together, the more liquidy your smoothie will be.
The blender you use can make a huge difference in a smoothie's flavor and texture. Having used several different blenders to make smoothies throughout the past few decades, my hands-down favorite is the Nutribullet, which I bought on Amazon. It's easy to operate and clean, and above all, it blends the ingredients together extremely well, which greatly enhances the flavor of the smoothie. I can even use frozen mango chunks with this blender as it will turn them into liquid in just a few seconds.
Also, when the ingredients blend so well, it's easy to sip the smoothie through a straw. Other blenders I had used previously did not blend the ingredients nearly as well which resulted in a less flavorful and lumpier drink.
Some Health Benefits of Bananas
help control blood pressure
help regulate appetite
contain many essential amino acids
reduce your risk of heart disease
help you lose weight
help you sleep
support brain and nervous system
help with PMS symptoms
More Simple and Healthy Recipes
- Simple Spinach and Strawberry Salad
- Sweet Broccoli and Mandarin Orange Salad
- Sweet and Easy Pineapple Casserole
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2022 Madeleine Clays