Paul's passion for making and consuming coffee goes back over 30 years. An extensive traveler, he currently lives in Florida.
If you are anything like me and you always like to have a drink of coffee close by, you probably need a travel mug. Whether you're at work, in your home, on vacation, or on the move, a travel mug is a great way to keep your beverage hot, portable, and secure.
After many years of making and drinking coffee, my view is that stainless steel is the best construction material for travel mugs, as it typically results in receptacles that are durable and easy to clean, as well as attractive and functional.
Top 3 Stainless Steel Travel Mugs for Coffee
Here are my recommendations for the best three coffee travel mugs made from stainless steel.
- Contigo Snapseal: Durable and Affordable
- YETI Rambler: Cool Magnetic Sip Lid Design
- Swig Life: Cool Look and Well-Constructed
I explain the reasons for my choices and experiences in detail below.
1. Contigo Snapseal: Durable and Affordable
I bought a Contigo Snapseal for my daughter when she went away to college. It's a very affordable travel mug that's well-designed and works well for cold drinks, as well as hot drinks like coffee. It's available in a number of colors and print designs.
I was wary of spending too much on a travel mug, as my daughter is prone to forgetting and losing them, but this is a very good product for something at the low end of the price scale.
Contigo Snapseal Pros
- The Snapseal lid really does work. This travel mug doesn't leak when closed, and it's easy to snap open when you want to take a drink.
- Great look and feel. Lots of options regarding color and print design.
- These travel mugs are very durable. It's fair to say that my daughter does not treat her Contigo with much care, but it still looks as good as the day it was bought.
- Keeps drinks cold, as well as coffee hot.
- The price is good. You will struggle to find anything better at the affordable end of the price range.
Read More From Delishably
Contigo Snapseal Cons
- I've read old reviews that say that the seal doesn't work. I have had some problems with earlier Contigo lids myself in the past, but they have been redesigned and it's not an issue on the modern Snapseals in my experience.
2. YETI Rambler: Cool Magnetic Sip Lid Design
I use my YETI Rambler travel mug whenever I go on camping trips and on longer car journeys. It's an awesome drink container for cold drinks as well as coffee.
I love the magnetic lid lock, as well as the cool look and design of the YETI. The mug is both attractive and practical, in my experience. That makes it great value for money, in my view, even if it's not priced at the inexpensive end of the scale.
YETI Rambler Pros
- The magnetic seal for the lid is a beautiful piece of design that you don't get with most other travel mugs. It makes it easy to flip open or securely close when driving. It also can be removed for easy cleaning
- Keeps the coffee hot for over 4 hours, in my experience, which is certainly long enough for me.
- Durable Construction and dishwasher safe.
- I just have the black version, but they are available in lots of alternative colors.
YETI Rambler Cons
- They sell for around $30, which may put some people off. For me the price is worth it.
3. Swig Life: Cool Look and Well-Constructed
If anything, my wife is even more fanatical about her coffee than I am, and she was delighted when the coworkers at her workplace bought her a Swig Life mug as a gift.
It's a fabulous design for a coffee travel mug, and I subsequently bought my own in a different print design. We've discovered that these mugs make ideal gifts, pretty much everyone loves them and they come in an assortment of different colors and prints.
Swig Life Pros
- I just love the cool design, I've had many people make complimentary comments when I've used it at work meetings.
- I love the handle. My other travel mugs are tumbler shaped, which works for me in some situations, but not so much for work.
- The base is anti-slip and I've had zero problems with the mug causing coffee rings on my desk.
- Well-constructed and durable, keeps the coffee hot.
- Available in many different colors and prints, enabling you to pick the look that suits you, or your loved one if you are buying as a gift.
Swig Life Cons
- Certainly not the cheapest mug on the market. That might put some people off, but you get what you pay for, in my experience, and this product has the quality to fit the price tag.
© 2021 Paul Goodman