I love to cook, try new recipes, and share them! When healthy ingredients meet complementary spices, magic happens in the kitchen.
Making celery juice is not only healthy and easy to make, but it's also tasty, too! This recipe explains how to prepare it using a blender, but you could, of course, use a juicer, as well.
This recipe is fairly purist and does not include other fruits or juices apart from the celery; however, I've had great success adding a splash of orange juice, cranberry juice, half a cucumber, and other fruits to change the flavor of this juice.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
8-10 oz of juice
- 2 lemons, juiced
- Begin by washing and chopping the celery into pieces that are small enough to fit in your blender.
- Squeeze juice of two lemons into the blender. Cover blender and blend until smooth.
- Place a clean nut milk bag over the mouth of a pitcher and pour the blended celery through the bag. Use your hands to squeeze the celery juice through the bag until just the pulp remains. (Discard the pulp.)
- Serve the juice immediately and store any remaining juice in an airtight container in the fridge.
- In addition to the lemon juice, other juices like orange or cranberry can be added to change the flavor.
No Juicer? No Problem!
If you don't have a juicer, this recipe can easily be made without one. All you need is a blender and a strainer bag. Blend the celery and lemon juice together until it's fairly smooth and then pour the mixture into the strainer bag. Squeeze out all the juice over a bowl, and then it's ready to enjoy.
The pulp can be discarded unless you have other things you'd like to include it in. The strainer bag is labeled as a "nut milk bag" on Amazon, and there were quite a few sizes to choose from. You can also purchase them in health food stores if you're not a big online shopper.
© 2019 Lisa Bean
Lisa Bean (author) from Nevada on August 28, 2019:
Thanks Cynthia! I agree, the lemon gives it a bit of brightness and it definitely is refreshing first thing in the morning~
Cynthia Zirkwitz from Vancouver Island, Canada on August 27, 2019:
I'm also a fan of juicing celery in the morning-- so many health benefits. I think that lemon juice and celery juice would be a real eye-opener to the day! I will have to try that! All the best!
Lisa Bean (author) from Nevada on July 24, 2019:
It can be a bit tart with just the celery and lemon but my husband really enjoys it that way. I usually add a splash of orange/cranberry juice to mine. But it's good and worth a try!
Pamela Oglesby from Sunny Florida on July 24, 2019:
I never thought of making celery juice, but it looks good. I like celery, so I think I will give it a try.