Rajan loves cooking dishes from his native Indian cuisine. He enjoys sharing his favourite recipes with his online readers.
Need a New Start to the Day?
If you're looking for a change from the standard chocolate or vanilla milkshake, why not try this delightful coconut and cardamom milkshake? Prepared from the meat of a fresh, mature coconut, this refreshing drink is sure to be a hit.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 1 cup grated fresh coconut without skin
- 2 cups chilled dairy milk
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 cup crushed ice cubes, or as needed
- 2 almonds, blanched, peeled and slivered, for garnish
- Grate the coconut using the larger holes of the grater.
- Add the grated coconut to a grinder. Add 1/3 cup milk and grind the coconut fine. Put the ground coconut in a sieve and press with a ladle to squeeze out the milk in a bowl. Transfer the coconut pulp to the blender jar again and add in the cardamom powder, sugar and half of the remaining milk and repeat the process. Repeat the process a final time using the remaining milk.
- Wash the blender jar and put in the coconut milk and crushed ice. Blend for a few seconds.
- Transfer the milkshake to glasses, garnish with almond slivers and serve.
© 2022 Rajan Singh Jolly