Rajan writes to share his knowledge of health, yoga, pranayama, alternative therapies, natural remedies, food recipes, and more.
Beat the Summer Heat
Cucumber coolers are refreshing drinks that are prepared with cucumber juice, mint and lemon. Perfect for relieving the summer heat, they're healthy and detoxifying, too.
I recommend using English cucumber because they have softer and smaller seeds, as well as a thinner skin, compared to Indian cucumber.
Read More From Delishably
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 1 medium-sized chilled English cucumber
- 2 lemons
- 1 cup chilled water
- crushed ice, as needed
- 15-20 pudina (mint leaves)
- 1/4 tsp black pepper powder
- 1/4 tsp kala namak (black salt)
- 1/2 tsp chaat masala
- 2 tbsp ground sugar, or to taste
- Trim off the ends of the cucumber and discard. Chop the cucumber and add it to a blender jar.
- Squeeze the lemon juice into the blender jar. Add in the black pepper powder, kala namak, chaat masala and ground sugar. Blend to a fine consistency.
- Add 1 cup of chilled water into the blender and blend again.
- Strain out the cucumber juice into a bowl.
- Add crushed ice in a tall glass. Pour the cucumber juice in it. Add a straw and serve.