I am a chef who loves to cook, write recipes, and grow my own ingredients.
Dragon fruit is a tasty and commonly available fruit in the Philippines, where I live. It's no surprise then that it is a popular ingredient in smoothies, desserts, and other local treats. Let me show a simple recipe for a dairy-free dragon fruit banana smoothie that you can make at home.
- 1 cup dragon fruit, chopped
- 1 cup banana, chopped
- 1 cup mineral water
- measuring cups
- chopping board
Read More From Delishably
|Prep time||Ready in||Yields|
2 to 3 servings
- Peel and chop the banana and dragon fruit. Set aside.
- In a blender, add first the water and then the chopped fruits. Blend until smooth.
Tips and Techniques
- Freeze the chopped banana and dragon fruit before blending to achieve a thicker and colder smoothie.
- Adding the water first makes blending easier.
- Adjust the amount of water to produce a thicker or thinner texture.
- If you'd like to make your smoothie sweeter, add honey for a healthier option over sugar.
- To make it creamier, add a dairy-free milk such as almond milk, oat milk, rice milk, etc.
More Refreshing and Healthy Smoothies
- Milky Papaya Banana Smoothie
Try a healthy and delicious milky papaya banana smoothie that you can enjoy any time of day.
- Mango Papaya Smoothie: Quick and Easy Recipe
Refresh your day with a simple mango papaya smoothie. Try it now at home!
© 2021 Travel Chef