I am a chef on a luxury world cruise liner. I love to cook and write recipes that are inspired by foods from all over the world.
Dragon fruit, or pitahaya, is a popular fruit in tropical and subtropical regions around the world. Dragon fruit can have either red or yellow skin with crunchy seeds inside.
Virgin cocktails, also known as boneless cocktails, fresh cocktails, or mocktails, are a delicious and alcohol-free beverage that everyone can enjoy. In this recipe, I used a lime juice cordial to jazz up this simple dragon fruit concoction.
|Prep time||Ready in||Yields|
Read More From Delishably
- 2 1/2 cups dragon fruit, mashed
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 3/4 cup lime juice cordial
- ice cubes, optional
- 1 large bowl
- measuring cups
- measuring spoons
- chopping board
- potato masher or fork
- Mash the dragon fruit in a bowl.
- Transfer the mashed dragon fruit to a container. Add water and lime juice cordial. Stir until well blended.
- Serve in a cocktail glass with ice.
Tips and Techniques
- For better texture, mash the dragon fruit manually.
- To make it sweeter, add more lime juice cordial.
- Replace the lime juice cordial with a mix of lime juice and white sugar.
- Garnish with fresh lime wedges.
More Refreshing Fruit Drinks
- How to Make Kalamansi Granita: A Sicilian-Inspired Frozen Dessert
Granita is a popular Sicilian frozen dessert made with water, sugar, and fruit flavorings. Try this recipe for a refreshing kalamansi granita.
- How to Make a Guyabano (Soursop) Shake
Have you ever tried guyabano, aka soursop? It's one of my favorite fruits to use for homemade fruit shakes. This is my recipe for a delicious and nutritious guyabano shake.
© 2020 Travel Chef