I love to cook and bake, and I enjoy the process of creating and modifying recipes.
Smoothies are a wonderful way to get healthy nutrients. I used to love going to juice bars and smoothie places to get a smoothie to enjoy while I worked or relaxed. My favorite type of smoothie is one with berries, especially strawberries.
However, since the pandemic began, I decided it was time to try learning how to make my own smoothies at home. One advantage of making them myself is that I get to control all of the ingredients. For example, my usual smoothie from my local juice bar includes blueberries—but I don’t actually like blueberries very much. When I make my own smoothies at home, I don't have to include any blueberries at all.
I researched the correct way to make smoothies, including the proper order in which the ingredients should be incorporated. I have started freezing fruit and using the frozen fruit instead of ice. Here I am sharing my own version of a berry smoothie recipe that I have come up with.
Read More From Delishably
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 1 1/2 cups cran-apple juice
- 1 banana, sliced
- 2 cups strawberries (about 14 strawberries), washed, stems removed, and sliced
- 10 raspberries, whole
- 5 blackberries, whole
- Pouring the cran-apple juice into a blender.
- Add the frozen banana.
- Add the frozen strawberries, raspberries, and blackberries.
- Puree or use the smoothie button on the blender until smooth and well blended.
- If the smoothie is too thick, add more juice until it is thin enough to pour easily.
- You are ready to serve! Enjoy.
Note: If you are using non-frozen fruit, add crushed ice as needed before blending.
Hope you enjoy this triple berry smoothie as much as my friends, family, and I do!
© 2020 Alyssa Scheidemann