Rajan loves cooking dishes from his native Indian cuisine. He enjoys sharing his favourite recipes with his online readers.
Gingerade is a refreshing summer drink. The combination of ginger and lemon is not only healthy and immunity-boosting, it also helps to keep the body hydrated and cool during hot days.
This recipe makes a concentrate, which you will need to dilute with water or club soda to make a drink. Do try it and share your feedback below!
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
Read More From Delishably
For the concentrate:
- 1/4 cup ginger juice
- 1/2 cup lemon or lime juice
- 1 1/2 cups + 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 lemon for juice to be added while making sugar syrup
For making a drink:
- 3 tablespoons gingerade concentrate, or to taste
- Crushed ice, as needed
- Chilled water or club soda, as needed
- Cut and squeeze the lemons or limes to extract 1/2 cup of juice. Strain the juice and add 1 tsp sugar. Stir and keep in the refrigerator.
- Peel and chop the ginger. Grind the ginger to a fine paste in a grinder. Do not use any water for grinding. Strain out the juice and keep in the refrigerator.
- In a pot, add 1 1/2 cups sugar, water, and the juice of 1 lemon. Keep it on medium heat and stir until the sugar dissolves and the syrup comes to a boil. Remove from heat and let it cool down completely.
- Strain out the sugar juice in a large bowl. Add the ginger juice and lemon juice. Stir to mix well.
- Pour the gingerade concentrate into a glass bottle, close the cap, and store it in the refrigerator. This concentrate will keep well for up to one month.
- To make a glass of gingerade, add 3-4 tbsp of ice to a glass. Then pour in 3 tbsp or more of the gingerade concentrate. Fill the glass with chilled water or club soda, stir well, and serve.
Homemade Gingerade Concentrate Recipe
© 2020 Rajan Singh Jolly