Sienna is a certified holistic wellness and nutrition coach specializing in autoimmune health.
Matcha Latte With Plant-Based Milk
For years, I was a fiend for coffee. Like a lot of people, I depended on it to get me going in the morning and energized for the day. More recently, though, due to some medical conditions, my doctor suggested that I try cutting coffee and seeing how I felt.
As much as I didn't want to, I decided to give it a shot. It took several tries, but it's been about a year and a half, and I am happy to say that I am now coffee free. It was a tough habit to break, but I am feeling so much better.
Since I've successfully dropped coffee, I have become a fiend for teas! I currently obsess over my morning cup of green tea with honey, and also, occasionally, a delicious honey vanilla matcha latte.
Read More From Delishably
If you've never heard of matcha, simply put, matcha is young green tea leaves that have been finely ground into a powder. Matcha tea does still contain caffeine, but not nearly as much as the espresso I was having on a daily basis. A cup of matcha tea contains about 70mg of caffeine, whereas a cup of coffee usually contains between 100 and 200mg of caffeine.
If you're a matcha newbie, this is the perfect recipe for you to try! It's super easy and delicious I highly recommend investing in a small handheld frother, as well. It instantly blends your matcha, and it froths your steamed plant-based milk with ease. It's worth every penny.
- 1 teaspoon matcha tea powder
- 2-3 drops vanilla or vanilla flavored natural sweetener
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup plant-based milk
- 1/2 tablespoon natural honey
- In a small mug, add 1 teaspoon of matcha tea powder. Pour in the hot water and add honey. Use your handheld frother to thoroughly mix.
- In another small mug, pour your plant-based milk and then heat it in the microwave or on the stove until hot. Add a couple of drops of vanilla, and once again, use your handheld mixer to blend and froth.
- Pour your frothed plant-based beverage into your matcha latte and enjoy!
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.