How To Make Almond Milk At Home
Home Made Almond Milk
Homemade Almond Milk
Almond milk is a delicious alternative to standard cow milk. If you are a vegan or you are lactose intolerant then almond milk is a great alternative. Almonds are a great source of healthy fats, fiber, protein and magnesium. This recipe is so easy and absolutely anyone can do it. All you will need is 1 cup of almonds, 2 cups of water, A blender or a food processor and maybe a little bit of sugar or honey if you would like it to be a little sweeter. The benefit or making this drink at home is that you can control what goes into it. A lot of the store brought almond milk contains additives such as sweeteners and thickeners. So the best way to overcome this problem is to make it yourself at home. The only downfall of making it at home is that you will have to soak them overnight the day before you make it so you have to be prepared and the almond milk will only last a few days in the fridge as there are no preservatives in it therefore it is better to make smaller batches regularly.
Homemade Almond Milk
- 1 Cup Almonds
- 2 Cups Water
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar or Honey
- More Water, To soak The Almonds
How To Make Almond Milk Instructions
- Firstly you want to start by putting your almonds into a large bowl in which they will soak ideally overnight.
- Now that your almonds have been soaking overnight you are ready to prepare your almond milk. Drain off the excess water and then place the almonds into your blender or food processor along with 2 cups of water and you want to blend it for at least 2 minutes, possibly a little longer.
- Now you want to strain your milk you can do this using cheese cloth. Simply place a piece of cheese cloth over the container or bottle you want to store your almond milk in.
- Now it is time to taste the almond milk and see what you think if you would like it to be a little sweeter add some sugar or honey.
So hopefully this is helpful for some one out there. As you can see almond milk is extremely easy to make in the comfort of your own home you just have to be a little prepared. Like I said it is worth the effort to make your own as you are avoiding all the extra additives that come with store brought almond milk.