How to Make a Banana Strawberry Yogurt Smoothie
I love eating bananas. Every time I buy them, I'm not able to consume them before the skin turns brown. Sometimes my eyes are bigger than my stomach. I don't like to throw them away, so I started trying to think of other ways to use them up before they went bad. I did not want to make banana rolls again or fried bananas. I just wanted a change. You know what I mean, right?
After looking at the bananas in front of me, I thought about the hungry children somewhere around the world. They would be happy to eat these overripe, brown-skin, getting-old bananas. I went to the kitchen and tried to figure out what I could make without having to cook. Bingo! I knew exactly what to do.
Here is the recipe.
Things You Need
- Chopping board
- Sharp knife
- 2 pieces bananas, ripe and cut into pieces
- 10 pieces strawberries, frozen
- 2 glasses orange juice, cold
- 1 small, 150 gram yogurt, cold
How To Make a Banana Strawberry Yogurt Smoothie
- Pour the 2 glasses of orange juice into the blender.
- Peel off the skin of the bananas. Cut the banana into desired pieces. Add them to the orange juice in the blender.
- Add the frozen strawberries to the other ingredients in the blender.
- Add the cold yoghurt. Put the lid on the blender . Blend the fruit mixture for a minute or until it´s good enough for your taste. Blending the fruit into low speed will give you a fruity smoothie.
- Wet the rim of a glass with water and dip it into a bowl of white sugar.
- Pour the banana strawberry yogurt smoothie into the prepared glass. Decorate it with a fresh strawberry if you have. Enjoy your smoothie!
Step-By-Step InstructionsClick thumbnail to view full-size
- You can use fresh strawberries if you like. In this case, you have to hull and wash the strawberries before using them in your smoothies. I used frozen strawberries because they have a soft consistency, and besides that, I still have lots leftover from my last harvest.
- In this recipe, I used blood orange juice with vitamins A, C, and E. You can use any kind of orange juice. You can use pineapple, apple, currant, and any fruit juices you want to.
- You can decorate a glass of banana strawberry yogurt smoothie with sugar, fresh strawberries, a straw, and a cute umbrella.
- You can use fruits that are in season or whatever you have in your pantry.
- You can add vanilla ice cream on top of this smoothie.
- You can use milk, soya milk, or buttermilk instead of yogurt.
- If you want to use tropical fruits like pineapples, ripe mangoes, or jackfruits, you can buy the canned fruits from Asian shops.
Fruits, Milk Products and Juices for Smoothies
Full milk yogurt
Yogurt with nuts
Yogurt with fruits
What kind of smoothie do you like?
Health Benefits of Banana, Strawberry and Yogurt
- Banana is a healthy food to eat. It helps regulate blood pressure, keeps your heart, kidney and nerves healthy and helps maintain a strong immune system. It has a good source of fiber and a high dose of potassium. It contains vitamins and minerals like Vit. B6 & B12, Vit.C, magnesium as well as iron. Eating banana boasts energy.
- Strawberry is not only a delicious and healthy fruit but also an excellent source of Vitamin C. It contains phytonutrients and antioxidants that help fight against the free radicals in our body. It has no calories and is fat-free. It contains vitamins and minerals like Vitamins K, B5, B6, manganese, potassium, folic acid, omega 3, copper and riboflavin.
- Yogurt contains good cultured bacteria, probiotic enzymes which fight against the bad bacteria in our body. It boosts the immune system and helps fight against gastrointestinal disorder, diarrhea, stomach ulcer and yeast infections. It is good for the skin especially when you suffer from sunburn. It contains Vitamins like B2, B12 and minerals like protein, magnesium and calcium which is good for teeth and bones.
Sources: The Tao of Good Health, Momcaster and MedicineNet.com
You Tube Video of Smoothie
How To Make a Fruit Smoothie
Questions & Answers
© 2013 Thelma Alberts