How to Make Almond Milk Powder (Badam Milk Powder) at Home
Almond (Badam) Milk Powder
Why Is Homemade Almond Milk Powder Better Than Store-Bought?
Buying badam/almond milk powder from the market and using it instantly is an easy and quick thing to do. But if you check the ingredients list, it is easy to see that the majority of almond milk powders actually contain very few almonds. They are loaded with milk powder and starch. These mixes are usually really sweet—too sweet for some people, even.
Making your own powder at home has many benefits. The foremost being that you can use the right portion of almonds, sugar, and the other dry fruits to make it nutrient-dense and tasty.
You wouldn't believe that it took me about ten minutes to make a container full of badam milk powder. Truly, it is very easy to make this milk mix. Try this recipe and enjoy drinking this protein-rich beverage regularly.
Mix one teaspoon full of this mix into a cup of hot milk. Just stir nicely. Done. You can store this powder for about one and a half months.
Now, let me show you how to make badam/almond milk powder at home.
Some Important Information
I used other dry fruits and nuts, like dry dates, pistachios, saffron, and dried grapes, in small quantities.
Adding these ingredients makes the powder healthier, richer, and tastier.
Drink a glass of this beverage daily for the needed dose of nutrients.
- 1 cup almonds(badam)
- 1 1/4 cup or less sugar, can use rock sugar for better health benefits
- 4 dry dates, seed removed, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp pistachios, shell removed
- 4 cardamom
- 1 tbsp dried grapes
- 1/4 tsp saffron
Step-By-Step Instructions and Images for making Badam (almond) Milk Powder
- Take almonds (badam) in a pan. Heat them. Saute for about 3 minutes.
- The almonds just become fully warm. Turn off the heat. Transfer them to a plate. Keep aside for cooling.
- This step is mainly to make almonds crispy. This will help to powder them faster.
- Put them in a mixer. Add sugar, chopped dry dates, dried grapes, pistachios, saffron, and cardamom.
- Dry grind them to make a smooth powder. Your favorite almond milk powder is ready!
- Use this aromatic mix to make badam milk.
- Add a teaspoon full of this powder to a cup of hot milk. Just stir it well. You get a flavorful, creamy badam milk.
- Enjoy drinking this daily for good health.
Nutritional Information of Almond (Badam) Milk Powder
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||27|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 3 g||5%|
|Saturated fat 1 g||5%|
|Carbohydrates 9 g||3%|
|Sugar 2 g|
|Fiber 1 g||4%|
|Protein 2 g||4%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|Sodium 0 mg|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|