How to Make Dragon Fruit Apple Lemonade
Ever since I was a kid, dragon fruit, also known as pitahaya or pitaya, has been one of my favorite fruits. There are different varieties of dragon fruit that are grown in different places. The color of the fruit's skin can be pink or yellow. The flesh may be pink, red, or white. The outer texture can be spiky or smooth. In most places, this fruit is relatively expensive. No wonder—because it offers so many health benefits.
In addition to dragon fruit, I really love apple. I believe in the old adage: "An apple a day keeps the doctor away." Usually, I have plenty of apples inside my refrigerator.
I also love citrus fruits, including lemon. Sometimes I will have plain water with just a bit of fresh lemon.
Since I often have all three of these fruits in my refrigerator, I thought of combining these ingredients to create a refreshing, healthy drink. This is my recipe for dragon fruit apple lemonade. It's easy, and it's delicious!
- 2 dragon fruit, cubed
- 1 apple, cubed
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice, sweetened
For Preparing the Ingredients:
- 3 large bowls
- 1 small bowl
- measuring cups
- measuring spoons
- chopping board
For Making the Dragon Fruit Apple Lemonade:
- Slice apple and dragon fruit. Set aside.
- Combine all ingredients in a blender. Blend until all are fully incorporated.
- Add white sugar, to taste.
Dragon Fruit Apple Lemonade Step-by-Step Procedure
Tips and Techniques
- Increase the amount of water to adjust the thickness of the juice.
- Add sugar or any alternative sweeteners if desired.
- Freeze all fruits to make an instant cold dragon fruit apple lemonade.
- Replace sweetened lemon juice with freshly squeezed lemon juice and sugar mixture.
- Peel apple before adding it into the mixture, if preferred. Take note, however, that the skin of fruits and vegetables are packed with lots of nutrients.
Deliciously Healthy Dragon Fruit Recipes
- How to Make Dragon Fruit Sauce
Are you a dragon fruit lover? Make a delicious dragon fruit sauce that you can use as a dessert topping or drink flavoring.
- How to Make Snackable Dragon Fruit Coolers
Have you wondered if it's possible to combine a snack and a drink in one? It is possible! Try this refreshing and easy-to-make recipe for snackable dragon fruit coolers. Enjoy!
- How to Make Dragon Fruit (Pitahaya) Jelly
Flavor your jelly with the taste of dragon fruit, also known as pitahaya or pitaya. Not only is this fruit delicious, but it also offers lots of health benefits. Loaded with fiber, this fruit is recommended for those having bowel movement trouble.
Questions & Answers
© 2018 Dred Cuan