How to Make Grenadine Ginger Tea
Grenadine is a pomegranate syrup that is used in making cocktails. It is a cordial that is usually available in any liquor store. However, due to the increase in price per kilo of pomegranate over the years, some manufacturers have begun to make grenadine with alternative ingredients. The resulting syrups offer a similar flavor at a much cheaper cost. Most bars prefer these cordial alternatives to minimize their product costs.
Ginger tea is a popular Asian herbal tea made from ginger root. I like drinking ginger tea—partly because it's healthy and partly because I like the taste—but I wanted to create a sweeter variation. The result was this grenadine ginger tea recipe. When I crave a sweetened drink, I prefer drinking this beverage to sodas, which often have a higher sugar content.
This recipe is very easy to make and uses only simple ingredients. Enjoy!
- 2 cups water
- 4 tablespoons grenadine
- 2 inches ginger, sliced
- measuring cups
- measuring spoons
- chopping board
- Wash and peel fresh ginger. Slice thinly.
- Pour water in a pitcher and add ginger. Chill the mixture overnight.
- Add grenadine. Serve with ice.
Tips and Techniques
- Replace homemade ginger tea with store-bought ginger tea.
- Replenish water up to three times.
- Use a spoon to easily peel the ginger.
Questions & Answers
© 2018 Dred Cuan