My passion for cooking leads me to travel to different places, eat authentic local dishes, and inspire everybody to enjoy their lives!
Jelly juice is a combination of jelly and juice. It is the only juice you can actually drink and eat at the same time. The most popular brand in the UK that makes this snack is called Naturelly, and they offer different flavors such as summer fruits, tropical fruits, and apple and blackcurrant. Japan has its own version of this snack, as well. I have tried many flavors over the years, including apple, grape, kiwi, and pineapple, to name a few.
I am no longer a kid, but I loved having this drinkable snack when I visited both the UK and Japan—so I recreated the recipe at home. I like to use a combination of mango powdered juice and mango powdered gelatin, but you can make your own version using your favorite flavor. It's really easy to make, and even if you're an adult, I think you will love it, just like me.
Cook Time and Yield
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 25 grams powdered juice
- 25 grams powdered gelatin
- 7 to 8 cups water
- 1/4 cup white sugar
For Preparing the Ingredients:
- 1 large bowl
- 3 small bowls
- Measuring cups
For Cooking the Jelly Juice:
- Mix and dilute all ingredients in a pot.
- Bring it to boil. Turn off the heat.
- Set aside and let it cool a bit.
- Transfer the jelly juice in a pitcher.
- Store it inside the fridge. Serve while still cold.
Mango Jelly Juice Video Tutorial
Tips and Techniques When Making Jelly Juice
- Add less or more water if needed. The less water, the firmer the jelly (and vice versa). Ideally, add an extra cup of water based on the water requirement of the powdered gelatin.
- Adjust sugar based on preference.
- Choose any flavored juice.
- Replace plain gelatin mix with flavored gelatin.
More Flavorful Coolers
- How to Make Snackable Dragon Fruit Coolers
Have you wondered if it's possible to combine a snack and a drink in one? It is possible! Try this refreshing and easy-to-make recipe for snackable dragon fruit coolers. Enjoy!
- How to Make Tapioca Pearls and Agar Cooler
The combination of tapioca pearls and agar in this refreshing cooler is simply perfect. Enjoy this delicious drink at home by following my easy, step-by-step instructions.
© 2018 Travel Chef
Travel Chef (author) from Manila on August 19, 2018:
Thank you! Not onky these recipes are easy, but also very affordable as well.
Liz Westwood from UK on August 19, 2018:
I am enjoying your series of easy recipes. You have some great ideas.