I am a chef on a luxury world cruise liner. I love to cook and write recipes that are inspired by foods from all over the world.
Lemon, Ginger, and Their Effects on Health
Lemon is one of the citrus fruits that contain lots of Vitamin C. As a result, many health conditions are improved by oral intake of this fruit. Ginger is one of the most commonly used spices for food and drink preparation. It is considered a powerful spice because of its medicinal properties. Let me share with you my simple recipe for lemon ginger tea that you can make anytime at home.
- 1.5 litres water
- 2 inches ginger, sliced
- 1 piece lemon, juiced
- 1 small bowl
- Chopping board
|Prep time||Ready in||Yields|
- Fill pitcher with water.
- Juice 1 piece of lemon. Add it into the pitcher. Set aside.
- Peel and slice ginger. Add it into the pitcher.
- Keep the drink mixture overnight or for a couple of hours inside the refrigerator before serving.
Tips and Techniques
- Keep the mixture inside the refrigerator overnight before serving to let the water absorb more flavors from the ingredients.
- Add sugar or artificial sweetener to sweeten the drink. Choose honey to make it a healthier version.
- Include mint into the ingredients to make it more refreshing.
Other Flavored-Tea Recipes
- How to Make Tokyo Tokyo Red Iced Tea: A Japanese-Inspired Drink
Have you ever eaten at Tokyo Tokyo? It's the most popular Japanese food restaurant chain in the Philippines. This restaurant offers a variety of delicious foods and drinks. Learn how I re-created their famous red iced tea at home.
- How to Make Grenadine Ginger Tea
Try this delicious recipe for grenadine ginger tea. A truly refreshing tea with a twist that everyone will enjoy drinking, any time of day.
© 2019 Travel Chef