I am a chef on a luxury world cruise liner. I love to cook and write recipes that are inspired by foods from all over the world.
Tokyo Tokyo is the No. 1 Japanese fast-food restaurant chain in the Philippines. It offers a variety of Japanese dishes such as sushi, tempura, yakisoba, and tonkatsu, just to name a few. In addition, they serve delicious side dishes, desserts, and drinks. Personally, I love their bottomless red iced tea, so I tried to recreate it at home using only a few simple ingredients.
- 1 1/2 litre water
- 25 grams lemon iced tea powder
- 1/4 cup grenadine
- 1 small bowl
- Stirrer or spoon
- Measuring cups
- Fill a pitcher with water.
- Add lemon iced tea powder and grenadine.
- Stir until the powder is dissolved and the grenadine is well mixed.
- Serve with ice cubes.
Tips and Techniques for Red Iced Tea
- Instead of using iced tea powder, you can use tea bags to make the tea, if you prefer.
- If you are using tea bags, add honey or sugar sweeten the drink.
- Adjust the amount of water if needed.
More Refreshing Drink Recipes
- How to Make Dragon Fruit Apple Lemonade
Have you ever tried dragon fruit, also called pitahaya? It's one of my favorite fruits! This is my recipe for dragon fruit apple lemonade.
- How to Make Jelly Juice Using Your Favorite Powdered Juice
Jelly juice is a popular drinkable snack for kids. Make your own version at home using your favorite powdered juice. It's absolutely fun and easy to make.
© 2018 Travel Chef
odeee on July 06, 2020:
this is legit!
Travel Chef (author) from Manila on November 21, 2018:
It's a local chain of a Japanese restaurant. I really like their drink because of the taste. This is the best cheat recipe I can make to recreate the drink very easy.
Liz Westwood from UK on November 21, 2018:
I have not heard of Tokyo Tokyo before. But we have bought peach or lemon iced tea before.
Travel Chef (author) from Manila on November 20, 2018:
It's quite a lot of sugar for this version. So It's necessary to control the amount of intake for this recipe. On the other hand, a healthy version of the recipe is the best choice.
Mary Norton from Ontario, Canada on November 20, 2018:
What an interesting drink.