How to Make Bitter Gourd Wine
Many people nowadays suffer from stress because of work, school, household chores, etc. Most people know that wine can relieve stress like tea. I started this project in order to relieve peoples’ stress. I want to show you how to produce wine made of bitter gourd, which I like to call “bitter gourd wine.” Bitter gourd (ampalaya in the Philippines) is a bitter vegetable that gets used in many recipes.
Ingredients and Supplies
- 1/4 kilo ampalaya, chopped
- 300 ml water
- 3/4 cup sugar, white
- 1 tspn. yeast, used for baking
- Wine bottle with cork / cap
- Hot water
- Cheese Cloth
- Measuring cup
- Gather all the materials and ingredients needed.
- Wash the ampalaya thoroughly.
- Cut the ampalaya into pieces and remove the middle part of it using a spoon.
- Blend the ampalaya in a 50ml of water in a blender.
- While blending the ampalaya, submerge the wine bottle in a hot water for 20–30mins.
- After blending, separate the extracted liquid using a cheese cloth or a clean handkerchief.
- When the liquid is successfully extracted, put only 300ml of the ampalaya in the wine bottle together with 300ml of water (amt. of ampalaya = amt. of water).
- Add 1 tablespoon (for every 300ml) of yeast and ¾ cup of sugar.
- Sealed the wine bottle properly. Make sure that air will not enter inside the bottle.
- Wait for 3 weeks or more before enjoying.
© 2012 ictic15