I love making beverages in the safety of my own home. It's always so great to experiment with different flavors.
Many people nowadays suffer from stress because of work, school, household chores, etc. Most people know that wine can relieve stress like tea. I started this project in order to relieve peoples’ stress. I want to show you how to produce wine made of bitter gourd, which I like to call “bitter gourd wine.” Bitter gourd (ampalaya in the Philippines) is a bitter vegetable that gets used in many recipes.
Ingredients and Supplies
- 1/4 kilo ampalaya, chopped
- 300 ml water
- 3/4 cup sugar, white
- 1 tspn. yeast, used for baking
- Wine bottle with cork / cap
- Hot water
- Cheese Cloth
- Measuring cup
Read More From Delishably
- Gather all the materials and ingredients needed.
- Wash the ampalaya thoroughly.
- Cut the ampalaya into pieces and remove the middle part of it using a spoon.
- Blend the ampalaya in a 50ml of water in a blender.
- While blending the ampalaya, submerge the wine bottle in a hot water for 20–30mins.
- After blending, separate the extracted liquid using a cheese cloth or a clean handkerchief.
- When the liquid is successfully extracted, put only 300ml of the ampalaya in the wine bottle together with 300ml of water (amt. of ampalaya = amt. of water).
- Add 1 tablespoon (for every 300ml) of yeast and ¾ cup of sugar.
- Sealed the wine bottle properly. Make sure that air will not enter inside the bottle.
- Wait for 3 weeks or more before enjoying.
© 2012 ictic15