Immunity-Boosting Chai Masala (Tea Spice Powder) Recipe
Immunity represents one of our most important defences against foreign invaders like bacteria and viruses. Many factors determine a person's immunity, but one important factor is good diet and general health.
Chai contains antioxidant properties that can help promote immunity. Enjoy this chai masala for your daily cup of tea to boost your overall health.
- 2 tsp sonth (dry ginger powder)
- 1 tsp saunf (fennel seed powder)
- 1 tsp lavang (cloves)
- 1 tsp ajwain (carom seeds)
- 4 moti elaichi (black cardamom)
- 15 hari elaichi (green cardamom)
- 1 chakri phool (star anise)
- 1 tsp sabut kali mirch (black peppercorns)
- 1.5 inch piece dalchini (cinnamon)
- Dry-roast all of the spices except the ginger powder in a pan on low heat for 2-3 minutes. Stir constantly.
- Remove the spices from the pan and let them cool completely. Transfer the mix to a grinder, add the ginger powder, and fine-grind the mixture.
- Remove and allow to cool down completely. Store the spice mixture in an airtight container.
- Add 1/4 tsp of this spice mixture per cup of tea when you prepare your morning and evening tea.
Video: Chai Masala Spice Powder
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
Questions & Answers
© 2020 Rajan Singh Jolly