Low-Calorie Choices at Your Favorite Coffee Shops
Coffee on a Diet
If you're anything like me, you frequently enjoy a good cup of coffee. You go into your favorite coffee place with your personalized coffee cups and request your favorite blend. But it's not any secret that these gourmet coffee drinks that we know and love can be packed with calories.
Now you should know, that there are plenty of coffee shop drinks out there that aren't loaded with calories. Here are just a few of the most popular coffee shops and some low calorie coffee drinks that you can enjoy guilt-free!
*Calorie counts may not be exact. Figures were found on the websites of the following coffee shops, and Livestrong.com
Caribou Coffee is one of my personal favorites when it comes to coffee shops. The nice thing is, they also offer ground blends to take home and brew as well. In the meantime, if you're looking to pop in and order a gourmet coffee drink at Caribou (besides black coffee), here are some low cal choices:
- Macchiato (medium) 15 calories
- Skim Latte (small) 100 calories
- Skim Northern Lite Latte (small) 90 calories
- Northern Lite Turtle Latte (small) 90 calories
- Skim Cappuccino (small) 35 calories
- Northern Lite Caramel Latte (small) 90 calories
- Northern Lite Caramel High Rise (small) 115 calories
- Northern Lite Espresso Cooler (small) 80 calories
- Northern Lite Caramel Cooler - No Whip (small) 90 calories
- Iced Northern Lite Latte (small) 80 calories
- Coffee Cooler (small) 173 calories
Starbucks is another one of my favorite coffee shops. They have a ton of options so it can be tough to find something healthy and delicious. Here are a few low calorie choices for your next stop at Starbucks:
- Peppermint Mocha Frappuccino Light (12 oz - tall) 130 calories
- Caramel Macchiato (12 oz - tall) 180 calories
- Cappuccino (12 oz - tall) 90 calories
- Caffe Mocha (12 oz - tall) 200 calories
- Iced Caffe Late (12 oz - tall) 100 calories
- Iced Cinnamon Dolce Latte (12 oz - tall) 150 calories
- Iced Skinny Flavored Latte (12 0z - tall) 90 calories
Dunn Bros Coffee Shop
Dunn Bros is the 9th largest coffee chain in the US, which is why it made the top of list. So naturally we'll need to know some of their low calorie options, right? Here are a few honorable mentions:
- Caffe Latte (12 oz) 140 calories
- Skim Milk Cappucino (12 oz) 60 calories
- Skim Milk Caramel Latte Macchiato (12 oz) 180 calories
- Skim Milk Dark Mocha (12 oz) 160 calories
- Skim Milk Vanilla Latte (12 oz) 140 calories
- Coffee IceCrema (12 oz) 170 calories
- Skim Milk Iced Caramel Latte Macchiato (12 oz) 120 calories
- Skim Milk Iced White Mocha (12 oz) 100 calories
I have to admit that I have never been to a Dunkin' Donuts in my life. I know it's a shame! I've seen their delightful bags of coffee but have never been to the chain. But, nonetheless, I found that Dunkin' Donuts is a popular choice for people to get their morning coffee so for your benefit, I've included it here.
- Cappuccino (small) 80 calories
- Espresso (small) 5 calories
- Iced Latte (small) 80 calories
Giving the Gift of Coffee
Do your friends and family enjoy the fufu drinks as much as you do? Maybe instead of a coffee shop gift card this year for their birthday, you could surprise them with a coffee gift basket.
These are usually filled with a nice mug, some gourmet coffee (without all the additives), snacks such as biscotti sticks or cookies, and lots more good stuff.
It's a great alternative that they will definitely be thankful for!