I am a chef on a luxury world cruise liner. I love to cook and write recipes that are inspired by foods from all over the world.
Make a Mango Papaya Smoothie
Smoothies are a great way to get more healthy fruits in your diet. Here in the Philippines, mango and papaya are two of the most common fruits available, so I love to make fresh smoothies with these fruits.
If you can't find fresh mango and papaya where you live, you can check the frozen section of your local supermarket. Alternatively, you can substitute whatever's fresh and in season where you live.
- 1 kilogram ripe papaya
- 750 grams ripe mango
- 3 cups water
- chopping board
- weighing scale
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- Peel and chop the mango and papaya. Set aside.
- In a blender, add the water first and then the fruit. Blend until the texture becomes smooth.
- Serve cold and enjoy.
Tips and Techniques
- You can replace the water with milk (any type) for a creamier smoothie.
- For better texture, chop the fruit ahead of time and allow it to freeze in the freezer. The frozen fruit really does improve the texture of the smoothie!
- Make it sweeter by adding sugar or honey.
- Adjust the amount of liquid to achieve a thicker or thinner smoothie.
More Nutritious Fruit Drinks
- Dragon Fruit and Lime Virgin Cocktail
Try this simple and refreshing virgin cocktail made with dragon fruit and lime. Enjoy!
- How to Make Kalamansi Granita: A Sicilian-Inspired F...
Granita is a popular Sicilian frozen dessert made with water, sugar, and fruit flavorings. Try this recipe for a refreshing kalamansi granita.
© 2021 Travel Chef