No-Blender Iced Coffee Recipe
What Is Iced Coffee?
Iced coffee is exactly as it’s name implies: a chilled coffee drink. Iced coffees are very popular in warmer climates and seasonally in the hot summer months. They taste great, give the drinker a nice dose of caffeine, and they are cool and refreshing all at the same time. Drinking iced coffee changes the taste of the coffee drink, and many people prefer it to drinking warm or hot drinks. Certain people have theorized that the trend of drinking this iced beverage first began in Japan: some historians have even suggested that the history of iced coffee originated back in the 1880s. If this theory is true, that means that people have been drinking this for over 100 years! Drinking iced coffee is now a worldwide phenomenon, and it’s very difficult to find a coffee shop that doesn’t serve the cold, caffeinated beverages all year long.
How to Make Iced Coffee Without Using a Blender
Making iced coffee is very easy and it can be done in less than 10 minutes in the comfort of your home. There are several techniques that people use to make the caffeinated drink, and the use of a blender is not necessary. Making iced coffee without the use of a blender is simple and many people prefer it. There is less of a mess to clean up, it’s faster and more convenient.
For convenience sake, this hub has two different ways to make an iced coffee; one is with coffee syrup and the other is without. Coffee syrup is a very convenient and simple way to add flavor to your coffee beverages. If you love coffee, I suggest you invest in some coffee flavoring syrup, you won’t regret your decision! The flavors of coffee flavoring syrup compliment the tastes of coffee very well and because they come in liquid form, they add sweetness to drinks more efficiently than sugar. Not everyone has coffee syrup at home however, so if you want to make your iced coffee drink without syrup, please check out the second recipe.
Ingredients for Iced Coffee
- Ice cubes
- 4 cups of strong coffee or espresso
- Milk or cream
- Coffee syrup such as Torani syrup or Starbucks coffee syrup (you can exchange the flavoring syrup with 2 tablespoons of sugar and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract)
- Straw for drinking
Instructions for Iced Coffee Recipe with Coffee Flavouring Syrup
- Brew 4 cups of coffee.
- Fill up a tall glass with as many ice cubes as you can fit. The glass must be suitable for both hot and cold liquids because when you first pour the coffee into the glass it will be hot.
- Pour the flavoring syrup into the glass. The coffee you will be using must be strong because the ice cubes will dilute it. You can use a stronger coffee like espresso or simply brew a strong pot of coffee to your personal taste preference.
- It is better to add the milk or cream before adding the coffee, but if you are unsure about how much to put, you can simply add it in after.
- Pour the coffee onto the ice cubes filling up the entire glass.
- Stir your drink, and serve with a straw.
Instructions for Iced Coffee Recipe With Sugar
- To make iced coffee with sugar instead of flavoring syrup, all the steps are the same, except instead of using coffee flavoring syrup you will be using 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract and 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- Brew 4 cups of coffee.
- Once the coffee is made, pour the coffee into a pot or large container.
- Next, mix the sugar and the vanilla extract directly into the coffee. This will allow the sugar to dissolve faster because sugar dissolves a lot better in hot liquids than it does in cold liquids.
- Fill up a tall glass with as many ice cubes as possible.
- Add the milk or cream.
- Pour the coffee mixture directly onto the ice cubes and serve.
Tips to Make Your Iced Coffee Beverage Taste Amazing
- Use cold brew coffee
- Roast and grind your own beans
- Buy good quality coffee
- Make a liquid sugar mixture: Use a ratio of 1:1 sugar and water. Boil the mixture on the stove until the sugar has dissolved.
- Try a French Press to brew your coffee grinds