Rajan loves cooking dishes from his native Indian cuisine. He enjoys sharing his favourite recipes with his online readers.
Nonalcoholic Mandarin Orange Mojito
This refreshing summertime mojito mocktail is flavoured with kinoo, or mandarin oranges. You may be able to find kinoo in your local Indian market; if not, you can easily substitute regular oranges.
This orange mojito is not only delicious, it's easy to make, too. Your family and friends will love it. Do try it and share your experience.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 200 ml kinoo (mandarin orange juice), freshly squeezed
- 150 ml crushed ice
- 150 ml chilled club soda
- 1 1/2 lemons, cut into 12 pieces
- 4 tsp ground mishri (rock sugar) or table sugar
- 20-25 fresh pudina (mint leaves)
- In a large mug add the mint leaves, lemon pieces and ground mishri. With a muddler or the round end of a long ladle, muddle the ingredients to extract their juices and flavours.
- Add the orange juice and stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Add the crushed ice and then the chilled club soda. Stir again a few times.
- Garnish with a sprig of mint leaves, push in a straw and serve this refreshing mocktail.
Mandarin Orange Mojito Mocktail
© 2021 Rajan Singh Jolly