I love making non-alcoholic versions of classic cocktails, they taste great!
Do you like piña coladas? (And getting caught in the rain!) But don't like the nasty side effects of alcohol? Do you need a drink you can serve to children or your teetotaler auntie? Here's a tasty drink made with sparkly lemon-lime soda! Put the lime in the coconut and drink it all up!
I came up with this to have something to serve at a Christmas party where there would be children and recovering alcoholics. Everyone loved it! I like that it's sweet, cool and tasty. It has a distinctive fruity flavor sure to appeal to those who like tropical cocktails.
The mixture can also be frozen for 45 minutes to create a more slush-like drink. This non-alcoholic drink is a bit more "sparkly" than its cousin if kept in a sealed container to prevent going flat but still retains flavor even after the loss of carbonation. It will keep for about seven to ten days if continuously refrigerated. If you don't want ice to water down your drink, substitute frozen chunks of pineapple. Great for barbecues, picnics, parties, and intimate get-togethers or just relaxing on the patio. This is a cool, refreshing drink that both adults and children are sure to love!
- 20 ounces lemon-lime soda
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- 1 cup coconut milk
- pineapple slices, garnish
- maraschino cherries, garnish
- In a pitcher or punch bowl large enough to hold more than 44 ounces, blend the lemon-lime soda and the pineapple juice.
- Stir in the coconut milk until it is thoroughly dispersed.
- Add as much ice as desired.
- Garnish serving glasses with pineapple slices and maraschino cherries. Small pineapple chunks and maraschino cherries can be floated in a punch bowl.
- The liquid ingredients can also be funneled into a 2 liter bottle and shaken and refrigerated to be served at a later time. Yields 5 servings at 8 ounces each
© 2017 Melissa Maxwell