Beth is a homemaker and professional author. She lives with her family close to the scenic Smoky Mountains of East Tennessee.
Margaritas are a long-time favorite summer beverage for both men and women. The Wild Thang version, with its multi-fruit and -flavorings base, takes a little longer to prepare, but it is well worth the effort.
|Prep time||Ready in||Yields|
8–10 average glasses
Read More From Delishably
- 2 cups fresh watermelon, seeded and cubed
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, washed and capped
- 2 ounces unsweetened pineapple juice
- 3 teaspoons banana extract
- 2 ounces orange liqueur
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups tequila
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 to 2 cups kosher salt
- 3 limes, cut into wedges
- 4 cups ice, crushed
- Place the salt into a wide saucer or bowl.
- GENTLY rub the lime wedges well over the rims of 6–8 glasses. Turn the glasses over to dip into the salt to coat the rims. Stand glasses up. (Keep the lime wedges unless you have plenty to spare)
- Combine blended strawberries, watermelon, pineapple juice, banana extract, orange liqueur, tequila, the sugar and lime juice into blender. Process this mixture until very well blended.
- Fill the glasses each with about 1/2 cup of the crushed ice. Fill the glasses the rest of the way with the Margarita mixture. Garnish with the lime wedges and serve. Any remaining mixture should be covered and placed in refrigerator. If the remaining is to be used, stir or blend thoroughly before pouring over ice.
- Drink in moderation and enjoy!
- If you do not have kosher salt, sea salt also works well.
- If one is limiting their sodium intake, sugar may be substituted for the salt for the glass rims.
- 1 1/3 tablespoons of triple sec may be substituted for the orange liqueur.
- Lime garnish may be replaced with any fruit wedges of choice. Mint leaves make for an attractive add to any garnish.
Find Curaçao From Curaçao If You Can
If you can find it, I recommend using Filfar orange liqueur for making a Wild Thang margarita. But The Genuine Curaçao Liqueur made in Curaçao by Senior & Co. is a beloved standard, and many folks swear it is the very best for making cocktails!
© 2017 Beth Perry