The Perfect Vodka Jell-O Shot Recipe.
As a college student gearing up for our annual Oktoberfest on campus, I've been preparing Jell-O shots between classes. I have an over-abundance of Smirnoff vodka, and one can only drink so much vodka before it gets boring. Here is a cheap, fun way to make delicious Jell-O shots.
Because the alcohol gets absorbed into the gelatin once ingested, it takes longer to hit you. So be careful enjoying these tasty treats!
- 1 small box of Jell-O (I use small boxes so I can make a bunch of different flavors in batches. Double the recipe if using large boxes.)
- 8 ounces of boiling water
- 6 ounces Smirnoff vodka
- 2 ounces water
- Stir the Jell-O into the boiling water until dissolved.
- Allow the Jell-O mixture to come to room temperature, stirring occasionally. If you don't do this step, the alcohol can get boiled out and you'll just be stuck with plain Jell-O.
- Stir in vodka and water (I usually mix these while I'm waiting for the Jell-O to cool a little and keep it in the freezer.)
- Pour into shot glasses or paper cups and place in refrigerator until set.
Mine usually take 3 hours to set up completely, possibly more depending on the proof of your liquor and how big your shots are. The taller the container, the longer they will take to set. If you're short on time, go for wider as opposed to taller containers.
Also, please drink responsibly and never drink and drive.