Blended Blueberry Pancakes for the Whole Family
What Are Blended Blueberry Pancakes?
Simply put, blended blueberry pancakes are pancakes that are made with a blended blueberry batter. If you have picky eaters in your house who don't enjoy eating fruit, these pancakes are perfect because they won't be able to see any individual berries. Plus, the pancakes end up being a fun color—blue!
I first got the idea for this recipe when I was craving blueberry pancakes. However, although I like the flavor of blueberry, I'm not a big fan of the actual fruit. I decided to try using a blender to pulverize the blueberries before adding them to the pancake batter. I thought it was really cool because it turned the batter a beautiful shade of blue—which I was actually not expecting. Now, this recipe has become a regular one in my household.
The pancakes are gorgeous to look at, and they pack an incredible flavor. They're a bit on the sweeter side, a dessert pancake for sure. No pancake house can compete with these. You'll be the talk of the town!
My kids love them! Kevin is a picky eater who hates blueberries, but even HE likes them. I make them all the time for my kids, and I'm a busy, single-parent mom.— Diane J, busy mother of three
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups whole milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons butter melted butter
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pint blueberries
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Combine flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt. Mix.
- Add milk, vanilla extract, melted butter, and oil. Mix well.
- Blend blueberries and then pour into pancake batter.
- Add the egg. Mix until the batter has reached a thick, well-blended consistency.
- Heat skillet or griddle on medium heat for 2 minutes. Then lower the temperature to low-medium. Sprinkle water onto the skillet or griddle and you should hear a sizzle. Melt butter in the pan. Test a small amount of batter on the griddle to see cook time of pancakes.
- Make sure the pan has a butter-coated bottom, then pour a medium-sized pancake.
- Stack finished pancakes with wax paper in between them. Done!
Photo GuideClick thumbnail to view full-size
|Serving size: 4|
|Calories from Fat||369|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 41 g||63%|
|Saturated fat 16 g||80%|
|Carbohydrates 276 g||92%|
|Sugar 112 g|
|Fiber 14 g||56%|
|Protein 42 g||84%|
|Cholesterol 420 mg||140%|
|Sodium 2327 mg||97%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
This is the blender I use. It's perfect for blending smoothies and small portions, like blueberries for this recipe!
Questions & Answers
© 2019 Dani Moore