Blueberry and Banana Muffins With Sour Cream
Could You Tell I Love Muffins?
I guess by my articles you can tell that I love muffins. I try all combinations. I had a few blueberries and a banana. Not enough of either to use just one of them, so I combined them. I also had a lot of sour cream left over from another dish, so I added that instead of the oil or butter. I used my regular blueberry muffin recipe and changed it to use the ingredients I had. I also like to change things up.
They came out much lighter than the original recipe. I think I might keep in the sour cream from now on.
You can experiment with any recipe. You never know what you can come up with and how you can improve on a recipe.
- 1/3 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease muffin pan, or spray with non-stick spray.
- Whisk together the egg and milk. Add the sour cream and whisk again, till blended.
- Add the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt and mix with a wooden spoon till well blended.
- Dust the blueberries with a little flour to keep them from sinking to the bottom of the muffins.
- Add the bananas and vanilla and stir with wooden spoon just till blended. Gently fold in blueberries.
- Fill prepared muffin tins and sprinkle a little sugar on the tops of the muffins. Bake for 20 minutes.