Blueberry and Banana Muffins With Sour Cream
Could You Tell I Love Muffins?
I guess by my articles you can tell that I love muffins. I try all combinations. I had a few blueberries and a banana. Not enough of either to use just one of them, so I combined them. I also had a lot of sour cream left over from another dish, so I added that instead of the oil or butter. I used my regular blueberry muffin recipe and changed it to use the ingredients I had. I also like to change things up.
They came out much lighter than the original recipe. I think I might keep in the sour cream from now on.
You can experiment with any recipe. You never know what you can come up with and how you can improve on a recipe.
- 1/3 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease muffin pan, or spray with non-stick spray.
- Whisk together the egg and milk. Add the sour cream and whisk again, till blended.
- Add the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt and mix with a wooden spoon till well blended.
- Dust the blueberries with a little flour to keep them from sinking to the bottom of the muffins.
- Add the bananas and vanilla and stir with wooden spoon just till blended. Gently fold in blueberries.
- Fill prepared muffin tins and sprinkle a little sugar on the tops of the muffins. Bake for 20 minutes.
Photos of Blueberry, Banana Muffins With Sour CreamClick thumbnail to view full-size
Questions & Answers
Could the blueberry banana muffins with sour cream be made using dried blueberries?
You can use dried blueberries but you need to soak them in warm water for about 10 minutes first until they are hydrated. Drain them thoroughly before using them. I hope this helps you.Helpful 1