Easy, Delicious Egg Muffin Breakfast Sandwiches
I have always enjoyed breakfast sandwiches, but I hate the frozen pre-made ones. They always seem to be hot on the outside but still frozen in the middle. Yuck! I also happen to enjoy making my own food so I can add and leave out what I want.
I have made these sandwiches a few times before I got people at work asking me for the recipe. It's super simple, but I figured I'd share it with the online world too! Now. this creation is all my own, I thought of it myself, but because it's simple you might also find similar things on the web. That's ok! You can look around and find other recipes and combine them to make something all your own!
Happy cooking and enjoy! :)
- 2 English muffins, cut in half
- 4 bacon slices
- Butter or mayo
- 4 large eggs
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and lay aluminum foil on a cookie sheet for the bacon. Lay out the bacon strips on the cookie sheet and set aside until oven is pre-heated. Cook bacon about 10 minutes or until desired crispness is achieved.
- Cut the muffins in half and toast them until desired and s[read butter on each side once they have cooled.
- Take a small skillet and spray with nonstick or place butter in pan until melted. Take 2 eggs and scramble them in a separate bowl. Add a pinch of salt and pepper to taste. When the skillet is hot, pour the eggs in and let cook about 3 minutes or until it's firm enough to flip.
- Flip the eggs, trying to keep the rounded shape so it's like an egg pancake. It should be browned on both sides. Once the eggs are fully cooked, take the spatula and cut it in half. Carefully flip the sides over onto themselves.
- After the eggs are done and flipped, place them on each muffin half. The bacon should be done by now and pulled from the oven. Be careful as the bacon will still be hot!! Take 2 pieces of bacon and break them in half. Place them onto the muffins in a # shape. Flip the one side of the muffin without the bacon over onto the other. Your sandwich is now done! Enjoy
- You can use mayo instead of butter, if you prefer.
- It doesn't have to be bacon—you can use a sausage patty instead.
- You can always make runny eggs too; the muffins are great to soak up that yummy egg!
- You can also add extras into the eggs for more flavor and customization! Something I add to my eggs when I have it is some chopped spinach or sliced mushroom! But you can add peppers or cheese too!
Step-By-Step Instructions With Photos
First, what you'll want to do is preheat the oven to 400 degrees and lay aluminum foil on a cookie sheet for the bacon. Lay out the bacon strips on the cookie sheet and set aside until the oven is pre-heated. Cook bacon about 10 minutes or until desired crispness is achieved.
Next, take your muffins and cut them in half and set on the plate. I love how they have little holes all over! Put the muffin halves in the toaster until desired toasty consistency. Take a bit of butter and lay it over the muffin and set aside until eggs are done.
Next what you'll need to do is get a small skillet and take 2 eggs and scramble them in a small bowl. Add salt and pepper if you wish. Heat the pan on medium-high and spray with nonstick and pour eggs in the pan. Let it sit until it gets solid on one side (see the second picture) flip the pancake-like egg and let cook a few minutes longer.
After the egg is cooked, take the spatula and cut the egg in half in the pan. Flip both sides and set them carefully onto the muffins.
After the eggs are done and you set them on the muffin, the bacon should be done and cooled a bit. Take 2 strips of bacon and break them in half. Lay them in a # pattern on one side of the egg.
When the bacon is on your sandwich, flip the other half over and you are done! Now you have a delicious and filling egg muffin breakfast sandwich!!
© 2019 Jade Hassenplug