Healthy Breakfast Recipes: Yogurt (Curd) Sandwich
Before You Dig In
Making this yogurt sandwich is very easy. I used bread slices, yogurt or thick curd, chopped capsicum, chopped tomato, pepper powder, chopped coriander, mustard seeds, curry leaves, butter, and salt for making this yummy dish.
Here's a quick overview:
You have to mix the chopped veggies with the yogurt, pepper powder, chopped coriander, and salt. Generously spread this mix on a bread slice. Place another slice on it. Heat a tea spoon of oil-butter mix in a pan. Throw some mustard seeds and curry leaves on it. Let them crackle. Place the bread on it. Roast the sandwich on low fire, till the bottom turns golden. Apply some butter on the top slice. Turn the sandwich upside down. Let the other side also turn golden and crisp. Turn off the fire.
Keep the sandwich on a plate. Cut it across with the help of a knife. Repeat the procedure for the other breads and filling. Serve hot your yogurt sandwich with some tomato sauce on the side. Enjoy eating this tasty breakfast!
- 4 slices bread, I used whole wheat bread
- 3 tbsp yogurt or thick curd
- 3 tbsp tomato, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp capsicum, finely chopped
- 1 tender green chili, not hot, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp coarse pepper powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt, or as per taste
- 1/4 tsp mustard seeds
- 6 curry leaves
- 1 tsp butter/oil
- 1/2 tsp oil
Step-By-Step Instructions and Images for Making Yogurt (curd) Sandwich
- Keep the ingredients handy.
- Take a mixing bowl. Add chopped veggies, chopped coriander, pepper powder, chopped green chili, yogurt, and salt. Mix well. This is the filling for the sandwich.
- Take a slice of bread. Generously spread the filling on it (about 1 1/2 tbsp). Place another bread slice on it. Gently press it.
- Heat a pan. Add some oil+butter. Throw some mustard seeds and 2-3 curry leaves on it. Let the mustard crackle. Place the sandwich on the pan. Roast it, by gently pressing with the spatula. Apply some butter on the top bread. The bottom side turns golden in 2 minutes.
- Turn the sandwich upside down. Let the other side also roast and turn golden. Turn off the fire.
- Remove, and place the sandwich on a plate. Cut it across, with the help of a knife.
- Yogurt sandwich is ready to eat!! Serve it with tomato sauce. They taste yummy on their own, even without a sauce. Happy breakfast!!
- The yogurt or curd should be thick. Otherwise, the bread may turn soggy, spoiling the sandwich.
- For better result, use less sour curd or yogurt.
- Eat it right away!