Cooking is one of my passions. I like to make nutritious and tasty foods at home without using preservatives and artificial colors.
Before You Dig In
Making this yogurt sandwich is very easy. I used bread slices, yogurt/thick curd, chopped capsicum, chopped tomato, pepper powder, chopped coriander, mustard seeds, curry leaves, butter, and salt. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
Read More From Delishably
- 4 slices bread, I used whole wheat
- 3 tbsp yogurt or thick curd
- 3 tbsp tomato, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp capsicum, finely chopped
- 1 tender green chili, not hot, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp coarse pepper powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp mustard seeds
- 6 curry leaves
- 1 tsp butter/oil
- 1/2 tsp oil
- Get all of the ingredients ready.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the chopped veggies, chopped coriander, pepper powder, chopped green chili, yogurt, and salt. Mix well—this is the filling for the sandwich.
- Take a slice of bread and generously spread the filling on it (about 1 1/2 tbsp per slice). Place another bread slice on it and gently press it.
- Heat a pan and add some oil/butter. Throw some mustard seeds and 2–3 curry leaves and let them crackle. Place a sandwich on the pan. Roast it by gently pressing with the spatula. Apply some butter to the top of the bread. The bottom side should turn golden in about 2 minutes.
- Turn the sandwich upside down and let the other side roast and turn golden. Turn off the fire.
- Remove the sandwich and place it on a plate. Cut it diagonally with a knife.
- Your yogurt sandwich is ready to eat! You can serve it with tomato sauce, but it's also yummy on its own. Happy breakfast!