Cooking is one of my passions. I like to make nutritious and tasty foods at home.
Before You Dig In
Making this yogurt sandwich is very easy. I used bread slices, yogurt/thick curd, chopped capsicum, chopped tomato, pepper powder, chopped coriander, mustard seeds, curry leaves, butter, and salt. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 4 slices bread, I used whole wheat
- 3 tbsp yogurt or thick curd
- 3 tbsp tomato, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp capsicum, finely chopped
- 1 tender green chili, not hot, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp coarse pepper powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp mustard seeds
- 6 curry leaves
- 1 tsp butter/oil
- 1/2 tsp oil
- Get all of the ingredients ready.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the chopped veggies, chopped coriander, pepper powder, chopped green chili, yogurt, and salt. Mix well—this is the filling for the sandwich.
- Take a slice of bread and generously spread the filling on it (about 1 1/2 tbsp per slice). Place another bread slice on it and gently press it.
- Heat a pan and add some oil/butter. Throw some mustard seeds and 2–3 curry leaves and let them crackle. Place a sandwich on the pan. Roast it by gently pressing with the spatula. Apply some butter to the top of the bread. The bottom side should turn golden in about 2 minutes.
- Turn the sandwich upside down and let the other side roast and turn golden. Turn off the fire.
- Remove the sandwich and place it on a plate. Cut it diagonally with a knife.
- Your yogurt sandwich is ready to eat! You can serve it with tomato sauce, but it's also yummy on its own. Happy breakfast!
ShailaSheshadri (author) from Bengaluru on May 30, 2017:
Yeah. Use thick curd or yogurt. Use less quantity, just sufficient to combine the stuffing. Eat it right away! With the roasted mustard seeds and curry leaves, it is very delicious and aromatic.
Lena Durante from San Francisco Bay Area on May 30, 2017:
What an interesting idea! I bet this is really good, but that you have to eat the sandwiches right away, or the yogurt will soak into the bread and make it gummy.